Members from Mumbai please help me with series of questions

• Thread starter Thread starter jaanbhide
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 3,376

jaanbhide

ISP
Mtnl Triband
[*]I use the TriBand night free plan. I will be moving my residence from Oshiwara Police Station area to Veera Desai Road extention. How will I know if it falls in the same exchage or different?
[*]How can I shift my phone and the internet connectin?
[*]IMP - how many days will the whole thing take?
[*]My phone bill goes upto 9000/- per month. This is despite downloading during the night only. I do not understand why I get billed so much.
[*]How do I track my usage? I have not ID or password. I switch on the button and internet flows... How do I create an ID and Password like I used to do for dial up a couple of years back?
[/list]Thanks in advance for the help...

IMP - I do not understand the technical terms. I am not a pro. I am a layman. Please tell me properly.

/members/jaanbhide/
Welcome to Broadbandforum.in Sorry for delayed reply, as I thought some MTNL users will respond to you. Your are welcome to send PM to me , and I will try my best to answer your queries.
Question 1 .
When you gave the application for shifting the telephone ( you should have mentioned using BB service also)
If your Phone number is not changed , no problem .
Carry on as usual.
Question 2 > see above.
If the Telephone number is changed , contact the new exchange to activate your BB service for the
new telphone number. ( (otherwise you will join the queue as if it is for new connection )
Question 3 :
The Accts officer has to issue a work order !
Question 4 & 5 : (a) Mention the modem you are using.
Better ask CC about this. Say you want to check your usage at MTNL portal.
(b)Extracting the ID and PW from Modem .is little technical.
(c) Download FireFOx Browser or Opera Browser and block at least the pictures/flash/videos.
(d) In Internet Explorer Tools/ Advanced . Go down the list See " Browsing " uncheck show pictures.
Apply.
When the small picture Icon appears in a web page click to view the picture.
Para three:
Hope above helps. Later I will add the web site where you check your usage
Update: for Mumbai MTNL I think ( MTNL users please correct info here ).
WEB SELF CARE
By the way Your user ID is your telephone number and password is the CA number appearing in your telephone bill

your phone bill is huge. firstly confirm from the MTNL website that you have the proper night unlimited plan.if yes, then are you rebooting your router at 12am and 8am? to be able to use free night unlimited usage, you have to restart your router at 12am and again at 8am.you can also track your usage on the MTNL website.your ID is your telephone number (without 022) and your password is your CA number which can be found on the telephone bill. it is advised to change this password. tell us which router you have and we will explain you the details for changing the password.for your last question, you want to create a connection through a dialer from your pc right? for that, you have to set the router in bridge mode. there are details for this in the forum, search for the one according to your router.

Thank you Essbebe and Viralbug for your response. I appreciate your help. I will answer the additional questions when I go back home. Regards.

[*]Guys mine is DSL502T modem.
[*]My no. as username and CA no. as password does not work.
[*]What is CC? I should ask CC means whom should I ask?
[*]How do I check with MTNL portal if I have the proper night unlimited plan?
[*]I swtich off my modem at 1205 hrs and again switch on after 2 mins. Then I switch it off when I go off to sleep.
[*]How do I track my usage on the portal?
[/list]

[*]Guys mine is DSL502T modem.
[*]My no. as username and CA no. as password does not work.
[/list]FOR MODEM ITS USUALLY admin/admin AS THE USERID/PWD

[*]What is CC? I should ask CC means whom should I ask?:-
[/list]CC MEANS CUSTOMER CARE. cALL 1504 AND SEEK TECH ASSIATANCE

[*]How do I check with MTNL portal if I have the proper night unlimited plan?
[/list]GO TO http://register.mtnl.net.in AND USE TEL NO/CA NUMBER
AS THE USERID/PWD

[*]I swtich off my modem at 1205 hrs and again switch on after 2 mins. Then I switch it off when I go off to sleep.
[/list]EXCELLENT

[*]How do I track my usage on the portal?
[/list]GO TO http://register.mtnl.net.in AND USE TEL NO/CA NUMBER
AS THE USERID/PWD
CHECK USAGE SUMMARY

check ur usage from mtnl homepage ........ 2 avoid huge bills ....... & switch off ur connection before 8.00am ........

Ahh... finally my phone got shifted but net was not working. i realised that i have to change my username since the number has changed bacause my new house falls under different exchange. actually mtnl should have told me to change the username. anyway still it did not work. so i only told that dumb lady at 1504 to dictate me all those settings at 192.168.1.1 website... finally the net started but the speed i get is tooooooooo slowwwwwww. i get like 350 kbps download and in my old house i always enjoyed 1.5 mbps speed. (i hope these kbps/mbps terms are correct. i do not have technical background) any suggestions how i should go about getting 1.5 mbps speed again?

If u are willing to pay Rs 9000 a month, i suggest u go for their unlimited plans.

Back