Members from Mumbai please help me with series of questions

• Thread starter Thread starter jaanbhide
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 3,376
Hi, I hope you are not using a Wireless modem. If yes, check whether the connection is secure (usually MTNL will come and install the connection without any sort of security); if not then your neighbours may be bleeding your account leading to the massive bills you have. Cheers...

Guys,

on 2nd june, i asked MTNL to shift my connection. both new & old addresses were in the same exchg area. they finally got the voice line working on 27th june, but the DSL light does not come on. Im using a WAG200G BB Modem+Router.

1504 says ADSL is activated; Regular phone Linesman says all wires are properly connected. Ive tested the Phone splitter and the WAG200G seperately and they both work. :wall:

Any advice on this, Viralbug???

- vx

UPDATE:::: 18th July 1715 hrs, MTNL xchg said they did noy physically connect the DP jumper @ their switches from old addr to new addr. PROBLEM RESOLVED.

FOLLOWING for LE09:

DSL Connection
DSL Status:Connected
DSL Modulation Mode:MultiMode
DSL Path Mode:Interleaved
Downstream Rate:2044 kbps
Upstream Rate:260 kbps
Downstream Margin:31 db
Upstream Margin:16 db
Downstream Line Attenuation:22 db
Upstream Line Attenuation:19 db
Downstream Transmit Power:16777189 db
Upstream Transmit Power:19 db
PVC Connection Encapsulation:RFC 2516 PPPoE
Multiplexing:LLC
Qos:UBR
Pcr Rate:0
Scr Rate:0
Autodetect:Disable
VPI:0
VCI:32
Enable:Yes
PVC Status:Up

Now i gotta see if i get lucky 2nite, and get some.

(MBps that is ;))

Hi Virgil, As your post does not seem relevant to the thread, it makes sense to start a fresh thread. Can you paste your setup page for this modem; I happen to use the same one and maybe can locate something out of the ordinary. Cheers...

what firmware update are you using, as lot of new firmware versions have come out, do the latest firmware update and cross check

@jaanbhide...dude, we understand that you don't have any technical knowledge, but you sure can be a bit proactive and search the forum before asking for the answers...all your questions have been already answered a no. of times and the regular members hardly take the pain to reply to the same question again and again...so go to the MTNL forum, and there are posts in the stickies section (on top) and u'll find most of your answers there...enjoy!!

Back