MTNL 3G Jadoo Experiences and Issues

• Thread starter Thread starter sanke1
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4,394
  • Views Views 464,686
my connection has not dropped fr 1 hr....signal is pretty low though as expected -91dbi speeds are also on lower side becz of it https://www.speedtest.net

I dnt think 3G preferred will work fr us as our modem E353 only supports 3G and no other network..will give a try fr sure and ur app is great :)

Fair enough. But in Indian Metros where most walls are of bricks/cement/concrete, it's impractical to have a tower for every building and that too by every operator.
European/American houses are made of playing cards hence penetration is better.

by 100% coverage I mean every customer must get reasonably good speeds and for me the least speed that is acceptable at current tariffs is 1mbps 24*7

That's very good .There will be ebb and flow in signal strength .Are you on rs 4500/ 6 month un limited plan? Then it is worth your pain !
When you do Speed test ,choose COPY on the right tab " forum copy" and paste . you will get image inside your post. I think the antennae @Rs 800 or so (I think E353 like UMG 1831 has slot for external antennae) will greatly improvr your signal possibly.

https://www.speedtest.net

I can conclude that Huawei is equally to blame in this. E353 is supposed to be one of their best modems with newer chipset. But it's firmware was rushed as it doesn't support voice calls. It was released in July 2011 but it has drivers from 2009 in it's mobile partner version. I was going to review it but it's no way better than my previous E169G and K4505 modems. Infact, K4505 supported speeds upto 28 mbps along with voice and video calls. Huawei dropped the ball here just like they dropped balls every time they release new modems.

I left the modem overnight ystdy to check out if it is able to reconnect automatically...gt up and checked... connection was off and it was unable to connect on its own had to reset the thing..to get it back online...

^^ Yes but that happens with all Huawei cards I had. So it's MTNL issue or maybe Huawei driver issue.

It is MTNL issue only.

(I too reset the modem just now otherwise it wouldn't connect :))

I can conclude that Huawei is equally to blame in this. E353 is supposed to be one of their best modems with newer chipset. But it's firmware was rushed as it doesn't support voice calls. It was released in July 2011 but it has drivers from 2009 in it's mobile partner version.

I was going to review it but it's no way better than my previous E169G and K4505 modems. Infact, K4505 supported speeds upto 28 mbps along with voice and video calls. Huawei dropped the ball here just like they dropped balls every time they release new modems.

ya true and they dnt even have any kind of support fr this device..who r we suppose to contact to atleast let us know wtf is happening...I dnt even knw if there are any kind of drivers updates and if there are where to get them...

----------

^^ Yes but that happens with all Huawei cards I had. So it's MTNL issue or maybe Huawei driver issue.

It is MTNL issue only.

(I too reset the modem just now otherwise it wouldn't connect :))

so basically I have all worst case scenarios then dropped on me like a mountain :P why god why me ...:D

Huawei expects Carrier partners to update their modems by repackaging their drivers with carrier's dashboard. But for products like non branded E353, there is non existant support on their website.

Back