MTNL 3G Jadoo Experiences and Issues

• Thread starter Thread starter sanke1
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4,394
  • Views Views 464,684
MTNL sims are not cheap infact they cost Rs 50 more than a normal SIM ...airtel sim can be purchased at Rs 49 having lifetime validity ...where in case of MTNL price Rs 100 fr sim and another Rs 49 or so to get the validity...nd I did check before getting this...I just didn't knw there happens to be no tower in the area and I am likely to get signal drop more often than it is suppose to..MTNL tower in the area was 3G capable fr much longer time even when pvt. players did not have 3G lol...they dnt need to worry abt tht...it just suxs that they wouldn't shift the tower even after so many months and let ppl suffer fr it in the area...nd they are pretty much screwing themselves only with this...

I am having complete opposite experience of Anant.del
I get a very very very strong signal at my place. Speeds are rock solid at 2.30 Mbps But despite of all this favorable factors, i get random disconnects every 2-3 hrs.

I tried switching the modem to E169G which served me faithfully on 3UK's 3G network. This modem used to stay connected for weeks till I shut down my Mac. But disconnections continue on MTNL's network. So it's clearly the network configuration fault of MTNL, or case of cheap unreliable equipment.

Anant Dell ( wish I was the owner of dell :P )shouldn't auto reconnect solve ur DC problems...in just few seconds ? or have to do it manually..

Haha I always thought it was Dell for unknown reason :) Enjoy your 5 min of fame.Auto reconnect works 70% of the time on both modems. Then they get stuck once or twice a day where mere plugging them out and back in doesn't help in reconnecting. The modems hang while reconnecting.Then I have to fire up MDMA and click on Reset Device. Then things are back to normal for another day. Cycle continues.I was quite keen on meeting MG and see a demo of Hayai. But he himself is unsure of anything. Just gave us a rough date of early Oct for a meet up.

I am too getting good signals but just want to raise a point that : For ISP which operates only in Delhi and Mumbai must have 100% coverage of 3G signals without any excuses

I am too getting good signals but just want to raise a point that : For ISP which operates only in Delhi and Mumbai must have 100% coverage of 3G signals without any excuses

Fair enough. But in Indian Metros where most walls are of bricks/cement/concrete, it's impractical to have a tower for every building and that too by every operator.
European/American houses are made of playing cards hence penetration is better.

@sanke1
Ya thx for the Dell fame lol :D

btw by hang while reconnecting u mean u keep getting the redial error again and again ?? becz I was also getting this error just few minutes back as modem lost its connectivity and the poor thing was desperately trying to get back online and was unable to :P

----------

Fair enough. But in Indian Metros where most walls are of bricks/cement/concrete, it's impractical to have a tower for every building and that too by every operator.
European/American houses are made of playing cards hence penetration is better.

they should do sharing of towers then or something to get over this mess..

^^ Sharing is not the solution. My modem alternates between 8 towers in my area but still I get disconnections.Don't know. In windows 7 connections, it says connecting but does'nt connect.

Hi Anant,
Try changing a setting 'Connection Type' in MDMA from "3G only" to "3G preferred". I guess, I have seen MDMA screenshot with "3G only".

Hi Anant, Sanke1,
If the connection doesn't drop now and then, then the Modem is not faulty.

----------

I am having complete opposite experience of Anant.del
I get a very very very strong signal at my place. Speeds are rock solid at 2.30 Mbps But despite of all this favorable factors, i get random disconnects every 2-3 hrs.

I tried switching the modem to E169G which served me faithfully on 3UK's 3G network. This modem used to stay connected for weeks till I shut down my Mac. But disconnections continue on MTNL's network. So it's clearly the network configuration fault of MTNL, or case of cheap unreliable equipment.

Thanks for the comparison of the networks. This is a very useful piece of information. Our modems are not as bad as we think. :)

Back