MTNL 3G Jadoo Experiences and Issues

• Thread starter Thread starter sanke1
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4,394
  • Views Views 464,684
signal comes and drops...ppl in area who I know are on reliance and photon plus and I dnt think they will agree to unlcking it just so that they can check my sim card...

Tough luck ! By the way Reliance Netconnect (reliance 3G GSM also there in Delhi.Their data cards are not locked ); Tata photon Plus etc are all CDMA and simless data cards. Their data cards canot used for anything other than their service.Just to make sure your new data card 353 is working - get a new pre paid sim say Airtel/reliance/Voda etc ,(rs 10-30 cost ) ,activate 3G and wait for confirmation sms and recharge 1 day /100 mb pack (around rs 25 to 100)or so. Then you will know what the data card is doing apart from MTNL !

I have tried it with airtel but couldn't try it fr long looks like this tower was probly on sharing basis with airtel and mtnl...if ur considering to purchase a data card better get the one which has 2G capability the one I got does nt in these low signals it will start to stall or DC becz of that... better get the UMG 1831 than this one...

I think your experience is confirming some what my doubt that Huawei E353 works only in 2100 mhz and drops totally (unlike UMG1831/E1750/E173 etc) when the MTNL signal drops to "E" (edge/gprs)
I doubt MTNL can provide constant high strength signal.
if you have a notebook or 3G you can try in main road where there is better signal. If problem not solved ,keep it for future use (when we are going to have 21mbps -pipe dream) and get a E173 (unlocked 7.2 mbps) from ITgadgets .com @ rs 1425 or Alcatel 220 (with some coupon/discount) around Rs 1500. A
if you want to live with MTNL 3g,you may need a flexible USB card.!!:waiting:
Aircel 3G is giving E1750 ( rs 1700-I got it for Rs 1400) with 3GB-free 3G data/30 days. it can be easily unlocked. I did. Iam typing this with Airtel sim in Aircel 1750 data card.

data connection always drops when signal changes from 3g to 2.5g

Yes I think thats the key problem of E353 that it does not support 2G. So area where signal is weak then E353 will lose complete signal.

But 3g signals must not get vanished, we are paying mtnl to use 3g and not to test how my modem behaves when 3G signal is not there. We are living in Delhi not at remote place so there must not be any black zones for 3g signals.

well its wrong to blame everything on this poor modem which doesn't even have a network tower in the area :Pits pretty much MTNL's fault that they dont have network access in this area and they wouldn't even let us know through their website or some other way that they are having network issues in the area... they had 8 months to find a new site and shift or put a new tower but they still haven't. Looks like in my area ppl are very lazy.....and I guess this one of the reason I was unable to find any MTNL 3G users here either...Its like saying entire Andheri west does not have proper network but if ur in East you will get network

^ agree, thats why I said we are not paying to mtnl to test how our modem behaves when 3g signal drops or vanish

thats why i always ask people to test thoroughly before going for modem! esp. when MTNL 3G SIM are very cheap that too with just 1Re/MB... it allows to test their connection without much expense.And 3G is still a new thing in India, you cant expect companies to have 3G towers all over the city just in few months.

Back