MTNL 3G Jadoo Experiences and Issues

• Thread starter Thread starter sanke1
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4,394
  • Views Views 464,683
congo !!which brand? model?

@popcorn have look at previous posts ..network tower is sealed by MCD in this area...fr the past 8 months..Huawei E353...

ya better open a tent or something near that nearest tower..when ever I wanna use the net..lolmtnl 2MBps wired one is costing 1899 with taxes its crazy 2200 PM.....way out...nd 1MBps doesn't work fr me..

Shift residence maybe ? Does mtnl have any other plans with high speeds but decent fups, rather than completely unlimited ones ?

nope..MTNL bhiyas just showed up at my house..1st the guy says ya its becz of tower only tht ur signal keeps dropping like this...nd the tower which got sealed was just at back of ur residence... he calls up someone..and the the guy he called up tells him that it is not possible to monitor signal strength like this ( I had MDMA On which was showing -83bi then dropped to -85dbi ) anyways I did nt really wanna argue with them on this as there was no point to it... nd then he left..saying he will try to do something...

even in worst of the signals of over 100dbi, the connections dont break nor affects the speeds.I have seen it with VF and mtnl both.

Are you getting good signal (3 to 4 bars) if you insert this sim in a 3.5 G phone? (I have not read your full saga.better get Antacid and Alprax to deal with bureacracy) I do have very good 3.6+ 7.2 mbps sticks and thinking of buying the same Huawei data card you are having trouble with (E353 -21 mbps with antennae provision too )
can you put your MTNL 3G sim in some one's else 3.5G phone or 3.6/7.2 data card and check signal (in your house only)
I have had a frusturating 6 months exp with BSNL .whenever Iam in chennai (50% of my time), it used to give 2-3 mbps and in Hyd in my home signal strngth is only 2 bars (both are in city centre main road and not far flung colony)
half the time it will switch to "E".
My need is not download music/films/torent .
I need constant streaming internet to recive streaming Futures./stock exchnage data for 8-9 hours from USA during 7 pm to 2 am . BSNL (may be mTnL too ) gets slow during the peak hours.
Right now I use Airtel in Hyd and Voda in chennai. (5 gb rs 1250 approx). For casual browsing I use voda and Airtel GPRs.
( maintain around 4 to 5 active data sims) .2 Voice sims are permanent and stay in a cheap phone.
https://www.speedtest.net

Back