MTNL 3G Jadoo Experiences and Issues

• Thread starter Thread starter sanke1
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4,394
  • Views Views 464,653
Umm.. i am not sure if u have written abt this 3G problem earlier and how u r trying.. but if u r trying with old Nokia models (or other models)... they all mention 3G but support speeds upto 384k only.

FTR, 3G was originally 384k. Versions of 3G supporting 3.6/7.2/etc megabits are kind of like like 3G 2.0, 3.0 etc. Maybe I'll try Jadoo when I come back to Mumbai on a Nokia N8 (up to 10.2mbit/s) - it gets pretty reasonable speeds here.

Yes, I am getting much better speed on mine Nokia N8 in comparision to 7.2 mbps USB Dongle . :)

Lucky guy!!

I never got above 2.3 Mbps.

Thanks, maybe I'm the only user in my area who is using the cell capacity of BTS. :P

The speeds are pretty consistent above 2 mbps since the last 2 days. A good decision to opt for MTNL. :D

Some Update Guys:Till now I am getting speed upto 0.70 mbps to 0.80 . Earlier I thought that I may be getting low speed due to Network Issue, but when I noticed that even though Signal Strenght was 85% and Net was continuously connect for 10 hrs, speed didn't increased.So I called the IN Department and aksed them the reason. Then they checked my number in their system and told that I am getting 3G speed and my HSDPA is still not active. I was surprised , surprised in 2 ways . First, even after so much escalation it didn't got activated and Secondly, If 3G is so fast, then how will be the HSDPA.Well then called Mr Gaikwad number, was someone else attended the call. When I requested him to activate my HSDPA, he told me to wait for another 2 days as MTNL is updating its system and HSDPA is getting activated by default for all the Users. In between talked to 2-3 more MTNL guys but I think this guy was the most appropriate to keep in touch with. He was none other than Mr Ravindran whom contact info I have mentioned in Private Grp. So, If someone planning to buy MTNL Sim or 3G recharge, wait for couple of days. I would be waiting today. If is didn't get activated, would call Mr Ravindran tomorrow and he will manually activate it by placing request in their System Application called " Sampark " :)

Its My Turn Now !!! Hurray !!! HSDPA activated without 449 Deduction as committed my Mr Ranindran.... :)

He He. Don't worry, I hope they are refunding amount. 2 users above have confirmed this.

Back