MTNL 3G Jadoo Experiences and Issues

• Thread starter Thread starter sanke1
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4,394
  • Views Views 464,610
Hi vire and sanke. You guys are right. I noticed the 2 Mbps speed ( only once so far ) that also after mid night. Else it's always less than 0.2mbps. Have we been entered into some default time based 3G plan ? Like the timebased Mtnl broadband plans ? Also I don't think username and password fields are important. I have tried all usernames like Mtnl , mtnlmum, mtnl123. All yield the same result. What could the solution be ?

----------

Intact i feel that the stability and speed of my network when i was on 3G was faster and better than I am on hsdpa. This has been a wate of time and money. They cut 449 and now my networks sucks. :(.

even i also faced the same problem.. my speeds dont go above .6mbps and mostly around .3mbps...and the hsdpa is 100% active for those whose 449 is deducted. It seems the towers from where you get hsdpa are only configured for 3G...I have spent 449 ... but I think only time will tell when you actually get the hsdpa speed.I think from dadar to colaba the hsdpa network is strong. else every where it is the 3G network.

Good morning pop corn. I drove from Colaba to andheri and back last night. Tried speed test on various locations and result varied between 0.1mbps to 0.4mbps. Not like hsdpa gives faster speeds from Colaba to dadar. Intact I stay At Colaba and got the fast 2mbps speed only once here after 12 am. Is anyone using Mtnl hsdpa on datacard facing the same problem ? ?

----------

Ok guys. HUGE UPDATE. As per sanke1 advice I have left the APN and password field in iPhone 4 blank and just did a spee test here in Colaba and got a 1 Mbps download speed. But it's 850 am Here in Colaba and I hope later on in the day speed does not reduce. Can everyone try the same on their iPhone 4 's and check the speed ? I guess user name and password play a vital role in this case.

so nothing much can be done to get higher speed on mtnl...its confirmed that even if you activate hsdpa you get not more that .5mbps and if you are on their self activated 3g you get .4mbps..

Popcorn see my updated post above , try leaving username an password field blank and please report back to us about your speed and location of your test in Mumbai. Thanks.

I don't think it's issue related to user name n password. Just now I got 2.20 Mbps and an hour ago I got .50 mbps. With mtnl123 password and user name mtnl

Well then the problem is definetly time related or area related.

----------

This is ridiculous. I amNow in fort and speeds have again reduced to below 500kbps. There is no stability at all with the speeds ofMtnl hsdpa in mumbai. I guess the time hasCome to consider porting out.

in mumbai vodafone charges around Rs. 1250 for 5GB on HSDPAReliance charges around Rs. 1200 for 5GB on HSDPAAirtel charges around Rs. 1250 for 5GB on HSDPAMTNL charges Rs. 1650 for 200 GB or unlimited (nor sure) HSDPA so it is very clear mtnl is much better in terms of rates. but the speeds are big question mark. some places only it is hsdpa enable.

Back