MTNL 3G Jadoo Experiences and Issues

• Thread starter Thread starter sanke1
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4,394
  • Views Views 464,610
Did speedtest on iPhone 4 using speedtest.net app.Just got sharp 0.2 Mbps download and 0.3 Mbps upload speed :D Time 12:20 pmWhen the phone was kept in the same spot on desk today morning, I got 2.20 Mbps download and 0.40 Mbps upload. Time was 8:00 am.This is definitely a traffic congestion issue. I bet many people in my area (Dadar/Prabhadevi) have jumped on Rs. 4500 plan.

I totally agree popcorn. but if the speeds are so poor whats the point of paying less ? these speeds are more then 3 times slower than what the other networks provide us. has anyone even tried complaining to MTNL regarding the slow hsdpa speeds of late ?

Hey guys pls help me activate hsdpa on my prepaid sim....it's been a week nw no success

----------

Can u pls enable pm on my account too

----------

admin ... one more user needs to activate private message ...Ajayp14

Last week i got mtnl 3g Data card tercom lw272..I paid 1800 plus rs.47 lifetime validity recharge.I was told i have 2 gb free data.But the speeds are not at all good only once or twice i got speed beyond 1mbps..Normally the download speed is 40-50kbps all the time Do i need to activate hsdpa?I was gonna opt for 4500 plan but not sure what to do now have wasted 1800rs on this crap

welcome to the boat...
just check the balance by sms to 444 ENQFREE.

you should get sms of your promotional data remaining. if you get that sms then hsdpa is active. or else its not active.

----------

even i have hsdpa activated by paying 449... but the speeds are same... no change ... i don't get it above 300kbps.

Did As u said and just recieved this msg"Dear Customer,You do not have HSDPA validity. Please recharge with Rs 149/- HSDPA coupon -Trump."Do u think this will help

well... thats bad149 recharge is an outdated recharge. this means that hsdpa is not activated. 47 recharge is to activate a ordinary sim for lifetime(Rs. 100 recharge every 6 months is however required).Now the problem is that you will need to shell out Rs. 449 extra and Rs. 25 min balance to keep internet access active.MTNL changes plan but does not update their sms system with the latest products. Its so sad that they are leading mobile provider(as per their slogan) with no leadership skills. check my previous posts on activation on this thread.

Tomorrow i'll go to their office and get my doubts cleared..Suppose i activate by paying 500 or so will it ensure i get good speeds?

Back