MTNL 3G Jadoo Experiences and Issues

• Thread starter Thread starter sanke1
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4,394
  • Views Views 464,671
hi I need to go for the MTNL 3G sim too in Delhi how much does it cost and what exactly is written on the pack ? Plus I have lenovo Z560 laptop and sim card can be placed in it I just need to know if the sim card can work with it so I can check before getting the 4500 recharge if I get proper good coverage.....I have not got the USB modem yet...I can get it later if the speeds are good....

Hi Anant,What is bought is 3g Trump Jeevan sathi (100 Rs pack), and once you activate it then, you need to do FRC (First Recharge Coupon) of 92 /- (which i have done) there are others too.. to make 3g start working... then you can proceed to do 4500 recharge.. currently there is no online recharge for delhi mtnl.. so you can do so by visiting mtnl office or try rechargeguru.com they will do it....Please note: recently two days back MTNL said in their website that that 3g trump prepaid card is Free with no talk value..I am not sure whether you will get this offer outside..I got from local franchises who forced me too buy old plan simcard (100 rs pack)regarding your laptop thing, i am not sure whether you put it directly and works..I am using datacard from hauwei and i am getting 3.82 MBPS speed...

@onenessboy thx for your reply :) are you from Delhi too......and don't we need to do any of those Rs 449 or something like those amounts recharges like they made the mumbai user do ? After doing the 92 recharge do we get any kind of data free with it ?

purchage a sim from local dealer or shop. just take 49 starter pak. recharge it you will into 3g world... for testing you can recharge 3g 20 plan for testing(you will get 250 mb for 1 day.... and no you can not use it by your laptop you have to purchage and usb 3g dongle for this or use it with any mobile device... compatible HSPA or HSDPA. I am from west delhi in there network is awsome i got approx. 2mbps. speed..

OK so I will be buying 3G trump jeevan sathi for Rs 100 + Recharge for Rs 49 or 92 + Rs 20 recharge for data ? is this ok. I will go the market now and pick it up....?

----------

checked out local mobile shops in South Delhi and even Mobile store.......hotspot..in south Delhi they dont have the mtnl 3G sim card :(

update: finally mange to locate a dealer for it I had a gut feeling he would have it :) . He is saying he is out of stock and would get it by tomorrow or day after tomorrow :)

OK so I will be buying 3G trump jeevan sathi for Rs 100 + Recharge for Rs 49 or 92 + Rs 20 recharge for data ? is this ok. I will go the market now and pick it up....?

----------

checked out local mobile shops in South Delhi and even Mobile store.......hotspot..in south Delhi they dont have the mtnl 3G sim card :(

Hi buddy,

i faced similar problem with local franchise..forced me for 500 rs preparid card..

but i bought it from MTNL exchange...(in mtnl delhi site ..google it like mtnl delhi) select sancharhaat under customer care...then you will have lot of contact numbers and address.. just go there..pay and get it....

i dont think there is scarcity of preparid cards...
most franchisee refuse to give 100 rs pack because they wont get profit..they force us to get 500 pack (but it seems that these are old plans and...not available with MTNL)

regarding FRC..it was before 49 rs pack..but in exchange told me to 92 (which is new) and i got 60 rs talk time...with that you can browse for testing...

trying to contact a Sanchar Haat they are not picking...up...called up MTNL cc they are saying no need to do any more recharge just buy a Rs 97 sim...confused

----------

What settings need to be put for Delhi guys in cell and in the 3G modem ? thx!

----------

3G Prepaid

also this sim card is free as in the price it showing: Nil so what are these shop keeper selling then...free sim cards for Rs 100 ?

yes dude.. they are making money although this is free of cost... at sanchar haat only for recharge you have to pay money. and for setting gor delhi in prepaid is "ppshsdpa" as apn and leave blank for user name and password. you will be connected...

----------

if any problem regarding setting in modem or phone contact me at [email protected]......

alright thx :)PS: Just completed my 2000 posts on this MTNL 3G Jadoo thread it better be worth it :P

Back