MTNL 3G Jadoo Experiences and Issues

• Thread starter Thread starter sanke1
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4,394
  • Views Views 464,671
still no luck for me...

----------

those whos thing is working... what balances you have in the account?
it should be more thatn 25 or 50? or more than ZERO?

@shox

Quality of 3G modem has huge bearing signal strength and MTNL 3G experience.

Use windows application like MDMA to literally test the signal strength at various spots in your house. Google the application and download it. Signal strength is between -51db to -120db (negative values). -51 db indicating strongest signal strength for optimum speed and stability. -120db indicates poor signal where modem will try to switch to 2G or EDGE speeds or disconnect altogether.

For MAC OSX users, download MACME which is MDMA alternative

I currently have the MTNL 3G Jadoo Modem. I think it is a Teracom modem. I wonder if it's any good, since it's made in India. Do you have any suggestions what other modem I should get? Is there a way to boost the incoming and outgoing 3G signals that you are aware of? I have looked into CRC9 booster antennae, but my 3G modem does not have an antenna extension port. I have seen a number of videos on Youtube of modem "clips" which you basically wrap around your modem and have a cord attached to a large antenna. I'm not sure how effective that will be.

I'm open to suggestions.

I did nt go to Sanchar Haat to buy the SIM as I thought it will take some long process to do it and then I would probly have to go to their office again and again to get activated.... later got to know its nothing like this and they actually would have activated then and there only....

still no luck for me...

----------

those whos thing is working... what balances you have in the account?
it should be more thatn 25 or 50? or more than ZERO?

2 Sims. Both working well. 1 has 40paisa balance, other has 35 odd bucks..

@ Sanke1No luck still.. internet just won't work.. 2g nor 3g. Removed sim and changed phones a number of times. At home now in Andheri near Leela.I have like Rs.300 odd as balance and i think 70mb data.

@ Sanke1No luck still.. internet just won't work.. 2g nor 3g. Removed sim and changed phones a number of times. At home now in Andheri near Leela.I have like Rs.300 odd as balance and i think 70mb data.

no luck fr me much either...SIM still not activated till now...

no luck for me toodid recharge of Rs. 111 to get Rs. 121, but still no luck... :(

no luck for me too
did recharge of Rs. 111 to get Rs. 121, but still no luck... :(

Try dialing any number and then see if your sim gets activated. I might be wrong but Mtnl has this thing of activation after one makes a phone call'

on dialing I am getting no. barred...

Tried to do recharge through landline by dialing the MTNL mobile no. for recharge got " you can not subscribe to the subscriber " and the call got disconnected.

Spoke to MTNL 1503 nice Aunty again she toh was saying something very different..she is saying we have not got ur papers yet but you should be able to recharge ur cell ......but its not working I have been trying since Saturday now .....

----------

I dialed 1503 again to see if they can help me and I got " the no you have dialed is busy, plz call again later " lol ?

Back