MTNL Broadband: 2mbps for free on unlimited plans on sundays in April 2011

• Thread starter Thread starter sanke1
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 540
  • Views Views 70,594
Status
Not open for further replies.
Current speeds after those useless fundays, being on 999 1 mbps UL such crap speeds.

As since MTNL increased upload speeds from 256 Kbps to 512 Kbps everything is screwed up. Many a times upload speed is higher than the download speed. As of current upload speeds of 512 are valid till 29 June 2011. Let see what happens after that. Another thing after the upload speed was increased whenever someone pics up the phone internet disconnects which was not the case earlier.

After this Funday crap started I have noticed that on weekdays & now on weekends too the speeds I get before 9 am & after 5 pm is close to what I should get as per my plan UL 599 but for the time in between I get around 0.39Mbps speeds :(
About DC when phone is picked up happened to me once too :( after a v long time. Tried that stunt now by making a incoming call & picking up receiver but no DC lol So it seems to happen intermittently or their 'maintenance' is still WIP.

After this Funday crap started I have noticed that on weekdays & now on weekends too the speeds I get before 9 am & after 5 pm is close to what I should get as per my plan UL 599 but for the time in between I get around 0.39Mbps speeds :(

Haah! In that case my situation is worse.
Just started a download & getting speed of constant 20kBps(160kbps/0.16Mbps) & at best hits about 30kBps(240kbps/0.24Mbps).:Wait:
That can't be classified as Broadband even by its Indian definition of 256kbps.
By the way, I am on a UL 999 plan with a speed of 1Mbps.
I am monitoring the dl speed & I feel like smashing the display screen.
What is most annoying is that I am not even getting what I pay for.

I am considering going back to Reliance.I don't know how much more I can tolerate MTNL's shenanigans.What MTNL is doing is worse than FUP.
Dirty tactics by MTNL. :naughty_bottom:

MTNL should not throttle the speed whenever they want to.:anger3:
Maybe MTNL is secretly implementing FUP.This is really shady business.:isecret:

OMFG, you r one lucky son of a ....oops.U downloaded 220 f**king GB.:Drool:I mean how did u manage that.:worthy:Do u get a new hard drive every month?Do u do normal http downloads or use torrents or something else?Give me a hint coz I can only dream about being able to download that much.One more thing, how much time do u spend online daily.

@Jamie Before shifting I suggest you write to the ED & give politely your experience after this Funday started & what your options are if things dont improve, also mention that if you dump Triband your family has no reason to carry on with the MTNL tel connection :D

OMFG, you r one lucky son of a ....oops.
U downloaded 220 f**king GB.:Drool:
I mean how did u manage that.:worthy:
Do u get a new hard drive every month?
Do u do normal http downloads or use torrents or something else?
Give me a hint coz I can only dream about being able to download that much.
One more thing, how much time do u spend online daily.
I usually put everything in queue and let the download manager do its job.

Well said, socrates.:thumbup1:
I will write to ED & convey that I have no reason to keep the tele connection as well.
But as of now I am playing the waiting game.
Waiting for MTNL to realise that they cannot keep on doing this.
I face problems mostly on weekends but yes lets see how much MTNL can test my patience.
I said I was considering :Boy Think: but if I do decide to shift will write to the ED.
In the recent past I have even gone to to the specific persons in charge of broadband in the MTNL exchange.
Thanks, for the idea.

---------- Post added at 08:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:12 PM ----------

I usually put everything in queue and let the download manager do its job.

Yeah,right.:imwink: Sure u do.:sarcastic:

Well said, socrates.:thumbup1:
I will write to ED & convey that I have no reason to keep the tele connection as well.
But as of now I am playing the waiting game.
Waiting for MTNL to realise that they cannot keep on doing this.
I face problems mostly on weekends but yes lets see how much MTNL can test my patience.
I said I was considering :Boy Think: but if I do decide to shift will write to the ED.
In the recent past I have even gone to to the specific persons in charge of broadband in the MTNL exchange.
Thanks, for the idea.

---------- Post added at 08:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:12 PM ----------

Yeah,right.:imwink: Sure u do.:sarcastic:
They have all the time in the world to test ur patience !! read my posts in this forum. have done everything i cud to make things right include innumerable personal visits. now i just use mtnl as a backup line and a fivenet as a main line.

socrates u r very correct on the part that on weekdays & now on weekends the speeds I get before 9 am & after 5 pm is close to what I should get as per my plan UL 999 but between that everything is screwed up.Now because of last mile connection being copper whenever phone rings and someone picks it up net disconnects. Really fed up of it and so now I'm thinking MTNL's FTTH is the way to go even though it has the crappy FUP. Atleast no more disconnection due to phone pickup and because it is based on optical cable so altogether frees up copper cable which will be only used for telephone. As of MTNL provides us with these crappy speeds so FTTH will be better even if we cross the FUP limit. If we get proper 512Kbps continuously makes no difference. FTTH is the way to go, what sat fellas??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back