MTNL Broadband: 2mbps for free on unlimited plans on sundays in April 2011

• Thread starter Thread starter sanke1
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 540
  • Views Views 70,594
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the info, karanaparikh.:friends:Thats a lot of posts.:eek:By the way, is operamaniac the admin of this entire forum?

If your internet disconnects when Phone rings, you, my friend, have not installed the splitter correctly.
Well sanke1 my splitter pretty very much installed properly. Using MTNL's Triband since May 2005 so I know how to install it. The reason as also stated by socrates because of increased upload speed the ADSL line has become very much unstable.
My line stats as in router are
Line attenuation 31(Down) 10(up)
SNR Margin 12(Down) 10(up)
Data Rate 2048(Down) 1024(up)

whereas earlier before increase in upload speed my line stats were as follows
Line attenuation 22(Down) 10(up)
SNR Margin 25(Down) 25(up)
Data Rate 1184(Down) 256(up)
So this pretty much explains everything. And my telephone is pretty much perfect and actually it's not a normal coaxial cable but a cat 5e lan cable from ground zero to 10 flr. And lan cable is far better than a normal tel. line. Few weeks back MTNL's lineman had checked the line and it was perfectly alright. MTNL has screwed it from there own end.

Thanks for the info, karanaparikh.:friends:Thats a lot of posts.:eek:
By the way, is operamaniac the admin of this entire forum?

Hi,

Again off-topic , these aren't moderated forums, yes "Operamaniac" is the admin.

Regards

Well sanke1 my splitter pretty very much installed properly. Using MTNL's Triband since May 2005 so I know how to install it. The reason as also stated by socrates because of increased upload speed the ADSL line has become very much unstable.
My line stats as in router are
Line attenuation 31(Down) 10(up)
SNR Margin 12(Down) 10(up)
Data Rate 2048(Down) 1024(up)

whereas earlier before increase in upload speed my line stats were as follows
Line attenuation 22(Down) 10(up)
SNR Margin 25(Down) 25(up)
Data Rate 1184(Down) 256(up)
So this pretty much explains everything. And my telephone is pretty much perfect and actually it's not a normal coaxial cable but a cat 5e lan cable from ground zero to 10 flr. And lan cable is far better than a normal tel. line. Few weeks back MTNL's lineman had checked the line and it was perfectly alright. MTNL has screwed it from there own end.

As a general rule of thumb, if the Line attenuation is greater than the SNR, you are looking at trouble. So yes, there is potential problem with your download SNR being lower than the LA. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but that has been my observation.

did u do your prayers? light agarbatti and diya near router. Also start a mp3 of fav bhajans and mantras.

---------- Post added at 04:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:55 PM ----------

Thanks for the info, karanaparikh.:friends:Thats a lot of posts.:eek:
By the way, is operamaniac the admin of this entire forum?

yes

@amogh_gulwady, that is not going to happen due to the new plans introduced
Introduction

These plans have built-in 1 Mbps & 2 Mbps at nights and weekends. See the first table on the page.

So Does that mean.. MTNL in Vashi not good also ??? i mean are u facing any issue with MTNL??.. plz reply Because i am going to go for that Connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back