MTNL Broadband: 8mbps Plans

• Thread starter Thread starter Atul
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,949
  • Views Views 264,038
2 in 1 or 2 different pieces?

If you want a wireless ADSL, the DSL 2750U is a pretty good piece.

Otherwise, I would recommend an Asus RT series along with a TP-Link (someone else here can help with the model no - about ₹990).

Check D-Link dsl-2750u Deals on: Flipkart | Amazon | Snapdeal | Infibeam

Check ASUS RT Deals on: Flipkart | Amazon | Snapdeal | Infibeam

enkay said:
2 in 1 or 2 different pieces?

If you want a wireless ADSL, the DSL 2750U is a pretty good piece.

Otherwise, I would recommend an Asus RT series along with a TP-Link (someone else here can help with the model no - about ₹990).
i have a D-Link 2750u but it download slower avg 47kb/s than my Nokia simens 53kb/s on torrents why?

I'm facing a weird problem with MTNL. According to speedtest.net my speed is 6.8mbps/1.6 mbps. Real world download speeds match speedtest.net result (around 860 KBPS) from sites and torrent downloads. Surfing is also pretty snappy. Only problem is the YouTube videos, even 720p videos buffer a lot. My earlier plan was 4mbps, but youtube videos played very smooth,
even 1080p. I don't understand what the problem is now after upgrading to 8mbps, the only problem i'm facing is with youtube high def videos.
Is anyone else facing similar problems, what is the solution.

Hi: can some one help me with what should be line stats for upgrading to 8mb plan? I am currently on INR 699 / 2 MB plan and would like to upgrade. MTNL said there is an issue with my line that needs to be corrected before upgrade. After doing few rounds of MTNL and escalation, I got a call today that line issue is repaied. here are stats, is this OK & ready for upgrade?
Down Up
SNR Margin : 12.6 17.5 db
Line Attenuation : 34.0 16.3 db
Data Rate : 2048 509 kbps
Attainable Rate : 16376 556 kbps

Back