MTNL Broadband: 8mbps Plans

• Thread starter Thread starter Atul
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,949
  • Views Views 263,945
i am on vdsl too. its flawless since 2 weeks now. before that i never got full speeds to servers outside india.. max i saw was ard 4-5..now its 9.9 everywhere.

@kickass

You did not answer my speed test question.

I am getting download speeds of 12-30kbps for one file and if stop it and restart the same download it starts with full speed of 1.1 Mbps.
Also for websites loading. I think all the problems 182 series was having is transferred to 120 ??
Since nobody else with 120 series is replying it's hard to guess.

I am on 120 series and it is not having any problems what so ever. Burst speeds are aggressive. Which is fantastic.

YouTube videos are getting stuck in between. Speed tests starts with full speed and just before completing it drops and just stops. Weird
I used ping to check request timeouts. Ran for 5 minutes.None at all. No timeouts. What could be the problem?
PS: no disconnections at all, connection is stable and stats are the same as previous 6 months.
Check out the video below, this is whats happening

Last edited:
I'm on the 120 series IP (8 mbps plan) and I'm experiencing erratic behaviour since yesterday. Some sites load fine, others take too much time. Gmail, of all places, was very slow to load yesterday but not today. Downloading attachments from Gmail today was erratic. 20kB/s on the first try, 850 kB/s on the 2nd. My netbanking refuses to load after log in. Weird.

Also, I get the same behaviour on the Speedtest. Download leg after payload transfer doesn't end and keeps on dropping, so I just quit.

I'm on the 120 series IP (8 mbps plan) and I'm experiencing erratic behaviour since yesterday. Some sites load fine, others take too much time. Gmail, of all places, was very slow to load yesterday but not today. Downloading attachments from Gmail today was erratic. 20kB/s on the first try, 850 kB/s on the 2nd. My netbanking refuses to load after log in. Weird.

Also, I get the same behaviour on the Speedtest. Download leg after payload transfer doesn't end and keeps on dropping, so I just quit.
the 182 series guys suffered for long . now it the turn of the 120 guys i guess.

YouTube videos are getting stuck in between. Speed tests starts with full speed and just before completing it drops and just stops. Weird
I used ping to check request timeouts. Ran for 5 minutes.None at all. No timeouts. What could be the problem?
PS: no disconnections at all, connection is stable and stats are the same as previous 6 months.
Check out the video below, this is whats happening

have u tried a speed test to any server beyond india? what happens then? say london or new york.

Tried Paris , goes up to 7 Mbps then stops at the end.
London - 4.6 Mbps , stops at the end.
New York - 4.5 Mbps , stops at the end

High pings on all servers. 100+

Back