MTNL Broadband: 8mbps Plans

• Thread starter Thread starter Atul
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,949
  • Views Views 263,915
Go to 192.168.1.1 and enter username pw as admin admin

Look for something called snr and attenuation under line statistics.

SNR Margin
:
31.9 13.5 db

Line Attenuation
:
15.9 11.1 d

I was on a 8mbps plan for more than a year. Since i moved to a new location the line men the prabhadevi dept. none were able to solve my issue of Slow Speed, i was only getting 2mbps for the price of 8mbps and they made me pay the whole bill as rebate would take more than 3 weeks and by then i would be up for another bill

I finally was able to get a new and better connection locally called Classic Net (High Speed Broadband Unlimited Internet in Jogeshwari | Andheri In Mumbai they are using a fiber connection and so i am getting speeds of 25mbps upload and download (yes upload too!) and am very happy that i moved on to a faster more new generation connection.

here is a Screenshot of what speed my line is able to give me right now.

-- dead tinypic image removed --

MTNL even after having FTTH are not ready to sell it to their customers right now i am paying rs1350 for a 60gb of 25mbps and later 1mbps which is even lower than what i was paying to MTNL for 8mbps

That is really great to hear, though I doubt they would be serving in borivali. Another issue I may face I believe going for a fibre connection would be that my entire house wiring has been done with CAT6 cable and I am not sure about the speeds you achieve when you join the two of them. Any alternative solutions are welcome to. And thank you for the information.

Thanks. Can you also suggest some other internet providers in borivali with high speed internet plans ? Except for mtnl. Considering my line stats above can you also please suggest some modem with high speed wireless.

^ cat6 is more than enough to carry gigabit speeds

I switched from 2 mbps unlimited to 8 mbps with FUP of 45GB... I'm still unable to get 8 mbps speed. It's been 5 days now. Tried calling 1504 but no luck :speechless:

Here is a screenshot of my attenuation, SNR and downstream rate:

Source

Back