MTNL Broadband: 8mbps Plans

• Thread starter Thread starter Atul
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,949
  • Views Views 263,912
I switched from 2 mbps unlimited to 8 mbps with FUP of 45GB... I'm still unable to get 8 mbps speed. It's been 5 days now. Tried calling 1504 but no luck :speechless:

Here is a screenshot of my attenuation, SNR and downstream rate:

Source

Line is pretty bad. Try g.dmt or g.lite modulation if you aren't already (should be there somewhere in the ads settings). You'll get about 6 Mbps max on this, and should be happy with that. At 8 Mbps you may have to sacrifice stability.

Line is pretty bad. Try g.dmt or g.lite modulation if you aren't already (should be there somewhere in the ads settings). You'll get about 6 Mbps max on this, and should be happy with that. At 8 Mbps you may have to sacrifice stability.
Okay thanks. What do I need to change to get 8 Mbps speed? Do I have to buy new cables?

Your line cannot handle 8 Mbps at the moment.
Are you facing any disconnections? Replace all the joints or get a new cable from the BSNL pillar box and maybe, just maybe, your line will be more stable. Post line stats once that's done.

In the meantime - move to a 4 Mbps plan and save some money till you get your connection sorted out.

Hey guys....... I asked my cable guy about his internet.... He said its Pacenet.... which I had in 2004.... but it had a dialer that time which use to crash a lot on Win98 & XP and only 128Kbps.... then MTNL launched Triband at 256Kbps so switched over since 2005.....

But now there is no dialer... they will give LAN cable to my existing TP-Link W8970...... So thats a relief....

But the best part is...... [email protected]..... [email protected]..... [email protected]..... All without any FUP.:rock:

And here MTNL is increasing its rates without benefits while having FUP.... am paying 1690 for 8Mbps@85GB FUP

So I will be trying 2Mbps for trial the nxt month since he already has setup on my building.....

And here MTNL is increasing its rates without benefits while having FUP.... am paying 1690 for 8Mbps@85GB FUP

That's the problem with MTNL. They increased the broadband prices without giving anything in return. This sucks hard. Even I would jump to better provider at blink of an eye if possible. Speeds have stagnated at the same spot for last 3 years.

So till now, the new BJP govt has not done anything better than what Congress govt did. In fact, they are taking several unpopular decisions favouring the capitalists and industrialists.

I don't expect any magical speed jumps on our existing copper cable technology. But for starters, they could have started offering full speeds up to 24 Mbps (as much as your ADSL2 or VDSL2 line supports)

Boggles my mind why we are stuck in decade old speeds when world has moved to 20 Mbps speeds and more.

By world you mean a few developed countries with population and land area significant smaller than India.

Back