MTNL Broadband: 8mbps Plans

• Thread starter Thread starter Atul
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,949
  • Views Views 264,127
So, you can't get the 8mbit plan over a phone call, just like the other plans? In that case, I'll have to let go. Stupid mtnl.

Those are Bonded line plans.
There are modems which accept connections from 2 ADSL lines. So each line is 4 mbps. 4 x 2 = 8 Mbps.
Please do not take those plans. They are a bag of hurt.

i think its high time that bsnl take some initiative and launch or upgrade their plans after seeing mtnl ....even i am ready to pay some extra bucks if they launched truly unlimited plans or high speed plans with good fup's for a reasonable price

And not only that, we have to pay Rs 100 extra per month as service charge too. So overall it seems to be a costly and stupid plan. 1st of all going to exchange is a great nuisance

I tried switching to the 8mbps plan but on calling the 1500 helpline number they said it is not yet in their system and I should write a request to my telephone Exchange. I went ahead and wrote a formal request to the telephone exchange. After 2 days I got a call saying that these plans are not yet available.

In this, post fup speed is 512 kbps even if you pay 2290 Rs. I dont know why these isps don't provide a good post fup speed. In mtnl, here was a non combo plan for 800 rs, where post fup speed was 768 kbps and also a plan of 1000 rs where post fup speed was 1mbps. I dont understand what happened, all plans' post fup is now 512 kbps.
I am so unlucky, fivenet is no longer available in my area. :sad:

Bah. Seems more like a gimmick. Don't take requests over phone = more than half your customers don't apply for it. Those who apply, reject their applications. Seems like these plans are only on paper.

x720 said:
Bah. Seems more like a gimmick. Don't take requests over phone = more than half your customers don't apply for it. Those who apply, reject their applications. Seems like these plans are only on paper.
IMO just wait for a bit, given that it is a govt. company it'll take a bit of time :)

well I got a random call today saying that the plan is now available and they have upgraded me, although not seeing the change in speed.

Back