MTNL Broadband: 8mbps Plans

• Thread starter Thread starter Atul
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,949
  • Views Views 264,127
i tried applying for 8 mbps plan today, stupid 1500 aunties has no clue.. asked me to vist stupid exchange... last month i tried for VDSL plan, they said you will get if your home is in 1 km radius of the exchange.. but to apply i need to disconnect my existing ADSL and apply for VDSL.. i dint wanted to take that chance, god knws when they would have started VDSL connection ...
I m planning to visit again for 8 mpbs line.. will keep you posted.. im from borivali exchange....

I got the 8mbps_1690 plan.
1500 isnt taking applications. You have to do it on paper at the exchange.
Luckily for me, I'm within 500m of the exchange and had the number of the guy in charge.
He said I wouldnt need a new modem or line bonding.
So they activated it within 1 day.
Getting about 7mbps now on speedtest

Yup my 8mbps plan got activated as well. Took a bit of running around, my exchange is far so they installed a booster. Works great. Gotta Monitor my usage now though :nonchalance: ,switching from an unlimited plan

^ Can you please post your modem stats and the line length? I'm interested in knowing how this "booster" has affected the SNR margin.

Guys... Is ths ADSL or VDSL plan? I went to exchange today and asked them to change the plan.. They said it is not ADSL bt VDSL. I also showed them listing at MTNL site.. Bt thy said thy dont see it in system and wont change it.. Wht BS!!

Is anyone getting random timeouts on their 8 Mbps plan while browsing?Also, what is your IP start with?120.xx or 182.56.xx ?

What exchange you belong to? Also what is the plan name that shows in your bill??What exchange you belong to? Also what is the plan name that shows in your bill??

sanke1 said:
Is anyone getting random timeouts on their 8 Mbps plan while browsing?

Also, what is your IP start with?
120.xx or 182.56.xx ?
120.60.141.xx is my ip
and i have had random disconnections till i kept the receiver of my phone off the cradle it actually stopped the disconnections
and im not getting any grear speeds either 1.8mbps at the most ive raised a complain on it and im hoping they do something abut it soon
the ppl at the MTNL Office did not even know abut this plan existing
and u for MTNL Mumbai users u can log in to
http://crestelreg.mtnl.net.in:10080/jsp/Login.jsp
and under MY PLAN it shows u if ur on the 8mbps plan or not

Back