MTNL Broadband: 8mbps Plans

• Thread starter Thread starter Atul
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,949
  • Views Views 264,127
aragorn said:
So how did u apply for the plan?
I had to take them to the website and show them the plan
then after writing a application letter the plan was finally changed. its been 3 days since the change but no change in speed.
the complain Docket number is still open lets see what they do.

For me they are not even ready to take the application as they say they cant see the plan in there stupid system... Guess will have to wait till this aunties are enlightened by there seniors...

Finally after so many days today i get a call from one of the MTNL Anuties and they tell me by Tomm when my plan refreshes ill be getting 8mbps speed!!
I had a look at my Router page and its updated for sure!
Line Rate - Upstream (Kbps): 1021
Line Rate - Downstream (Kbps): 10238 :mml:

Im hoping tommorrow i will be able to post a speed test too! right now my quota if data is over for this month so im getting only 512 kbps for now....

Hey Guys,
Its good to know atleast some of you got the plan activated . Today i called 1500 and RUDE aunty had no clue what i was talking about she thought i made that plan up my self and she kept telling me i need to speak to the Fiber to home guys im thinking how does a company launch a new plan and does it tell its employees about it . Did'nt aunty get the memo ? Or did she just smoke it like the other memos :) .
I called 1500,1504 ,198 and i was in a loop ,i finally gave up . I think i need to visit the exchange to sort this out .Which is just ridiculious .

I mean who has the time to actuly goto the exchange and explain to them about the plan thats non existant on thier PCs . Why cant it be as simple as a click of a button ,online in ur login page (if u prefer to aviod aunties) or atleast empower them aunties to activate the plan its just 200 bucks more than my existing plan .its not like their going to launch nukes !!!
MTNL as a company just dont give a crap about it customers.
Im sure in a few years aunties will need to look for new employment if they keep this shit up.
Im just appauled that i need to go to an exchange to upgrade my plan ,which can be done with a simple phone call. Its not like im taking a loan or something . i need to physically go to thier office so that they can make more money :) .
Do they really think people will do that ? its been about a month and its still not available on their pcs?
As much as i hate making time for this the thought of 8mbps is mezmerizing and i will go that extra mile to get this done .
With 8mbps i finally wont suck at call of duty - black ops 2 :) and my youtube will work better. And since i have ordered an Xbox one i would really like to play it online .
Well the adventure will take place tomorrow so i'll let you guys know if im successfull .
As for the guy with disconnections i think Line bonding will solve the issue . Because a single pair of copper wires wont be enough to give a good throughput and thats coz MTNL's infrastructure is as ancient as its employees . so you will need another line to even things out . And 4000 i feel is OK .
Well my adventure to get an 8mbps connection starts tomorrow . so i'll post back if it ever gets done .
Cheers
Nik

Back