MTNL Broadband: 8mbps Plans

• Thread starter Thread starter Atul
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,949
  • Views Views 264,127
I had went to same aunty (counter 2) last wednesday. She checked her system and showed me 8mbps vdsl line. She dnt scroll down any further. Will go tommorow again and will try my luck. Luckily i am within 1 km radius of the exchange so hope to get good speed.

mumbai78 said:
In my account it says DSL_Combo_8mbps.
Pls lets us know of ur experience with this 8Mbps plan as soon as they increase ur speed...... also keep trying tht number........ it has helped me twice to get the right speed........

panzer008 said:
Pls lets us know of ur experience with this 8Mbps plan as soon as they increase ur speed...... also keep trying tht number........ it has helped me twice to get the right speed........
I have called 24361221 again yesterday. NOBODY answers. When I switched from 1 mbps to 2 mbps, the speed change happened the very day the plan was activated.
I can understand taking a few days for speed but it's been 5 days already.
If anyone has any luck with 24361221 please let me know.
I am around 3-4 km away from the exchange so I don't expect 8 mbps, but I should be getting a minimum of 4-5 mbps by now?

mumbai78 said:
I have called 24361221 again yesterday. NOBODY answers. When I switched from 1 mbps to 2 mbps, the speed change happened the very day the plan was activated. I can understand taking a few days for speed but it's been 5 days already. If anyone has any luck with 24361221 please let me know. I am around 3-4 km away from the exchange so I don't expect 8 mbps, but I should be getting a minimum of 4-5 mbps by now?
Can you post your modem stats?

mumbai78 said:
I have called 24361221 again yesterday. NOBODY answers. When I switched from 1 mbps to 2 mbps, the speed change happened the very day the plan was activated.
I can understand taking a few days for speed but it's been 5 days already.
If anyone has any luck with 24361221 please let me know.
I am around 3-4 km away from the exchange so I don't expect 8 mbps, but I should be getting a minimum of 4-5 mbps by now?
Raise a Complain here:
http://selfcare.mtnl.net.in/Mumbai/BookBBFaultP.aspx
and wait for another Auntie to call u to check on the speed. I Raised a complain as soon as i Saw the plan change on my online account.

sanke1 said:
Can you post your modem stats?

DSL Status: ConnectedDSL Modulation Mode: G.dmtDSL Path Mode: InterleavedDownstream Rate: 2048 kbpsUpstream Rate: 512 kbpsDownstream Margin: 14 dbUpstream Margin: 19 dbDownstream Line Attenuation: 36 dbUpstream Line Attenuation: 12.5 dbDownstream Transmit Power: 1 dbUpstream Transmit Power: 1 db
Encapsulation: RFC 2516 PPPoEMultiplexing: LLCQos: UBRPcr Rate: 0Scr Rate: 0Autodetect: DisableVPI: 0VCI: 32Enable: YesPVC Status: Up

^^ Can you change your Modulation Mode to ADSL 2+ or ADSL 2+ Annex M? Whichever you can.If your internet disconnects too often, then go back to G.DMT.

Back