MTNL Broadband: 8mbps Plans

• Thread starter Thread starter Atul
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,949
  • Views Views 264,127
Hi,
I'm within 1KM in Ghatkopar ... Apart from that its a new connection so no doubt that MTNL guys have to change the plan as the connection was been taken with 8Mbps.... Also crossed verified with them on the MTNL system its shows 8Mbps....
My question is that does these ADSL Modems support 8Mbps which is provided by MTNL........
My doubt was that
mumbai78 said:
Srinivas Matte - where are you located ?
This is getting very interesting ! MTNL has never had delays with activating speed changes. At least I have not faced it in the past.
I suspect that although MTNL is advertising 8 Mbps plans, it is possible that they do not have the infrastructure ready for it in all locations across Mumbai. So no amount of complaints to 1504 is going to help because the aunties are probably not aware about where the issue lies.
Also we need to identify if people living within 1 KM of the exchange are getting speeds of 7-8 Mbps. Who knows ? Maybe MTNL may finally use distance as an excuse for us not getting 8 Mbps and then try to sell us their line bonding modems for 4 k ?
I think people who live with 3-4 kms of the exchange should get at least 4 mbps ? But with MTNL you never know.

My plan has been changed to DSL_8Mbps_990 on the portal. I will check the download speeds tomorrow.

I think ADSL2 can handle downrate up to 12mbps... So modem should not be the problem ... MTNL has to change the rate from thr side...

Yup as suspected. Profile speed is still at 2 Mbps downstream. I will wait for a few days to see if they increase it before launching a complaint.

Day 3: called 1504 Again.. Thy asks me to register complain at 12540.. So guy at 12540 told me he will call back after checking..

Back