MTNL Broadband: 8mbps Plans

• Thread starter Thread starter Atul
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,949
  • Views Views 264,127
sanke1 said:
^^ Can you change your Modulation Mode to ADSL 2+ or ADSL 2+ Annex M? Whichever you can.If your internet disconnects too often, then go back to G.DMT.
Tried both options, speed stays the same.

I registered compliant at 1504.. They said someone will call back.. No response yet.. Sanke1, did ur speed got upgraded immediately on plan change?

aragorn said:
I registered compliant at 1504.. They said someone will call back.. No response yet.. Sanke1, did ur speed got upgraded immediately on plan change?
I just did the same.
Its strange, when i called this number a few days ago they asked me to call on 1500 who in turn asked me to ring 24361221 where nobody answered.

aragorn said:
Sanke1, did ur speed got upgraded immediately on plan change?
On starting VDSL connection, the sync speed was set at full 51200 Kbps. I had to get it reduced to 19998 Kbps for line stability.But On other line which is already on ADSL Xpress Unlimited 1000, I have applied in writing for 8 Mbps ADSL on last Thursday the 3rd Oct. But yet my plan shows XPR_UN_NNCOM_1000. So it has not changed yet. Download sync is still at 2048 Kbps.

Hello Friends,
Mine is a new connection & I have opted out for this plan. But from day1 it has never crossed 1.7Mbps speed. Logged couple of complaints but no results. So just wanted to know that does the Adsl Modem ZTE (zx dsl 831) Series supports 8Mbps downstream and 1Mbps Upstream. Tried to search for the details on ZTE website but couldn't find any.

srinivasmatte said:
Hello Friends,

Mine is a new connection & I have opted out for this plan. But from day1 it has never crossed 1.7Mbps speed. Logged couple of complaints but no results. So just wanted to know that does the Adsl Modem ZTE (zx dsl 831) Series supports 8Mbps downstream and 1Mbps Upstream. Tried to search for the details on ZTE website but couldn't find any.
MTNL needs to change your download speed profile from 2 Mbps to 8 Mbps.

Day 2 : called 1504 again.. Ths time some aunty gave me two number, 9869250125 and 24319565.. I am not even able to get thru ths number.. I called again at 1504 , same aunty told me to try the number again after 10.30!!!

aragorn said:
Day 2 : called 1504 again.. Ths time some aunty gave me two number, 9869250125 and 24319565.. I am not even able to get thru ths number.. I called again at 1504 , same aunty told me to try the number again after 10.30!!!
Why cant the 'aunties' just send a peon with the speed complaint to tht resp. floor........... I mean isnt 1504 CC located inside Prabhadevi xchg itself.......

Both number are dead.. And i got random call from my exchange asking if my phone is working.. I said phone is fine bt i am not getting speed.. Thn he again askd if phone is working .. I said yes.. And he disconnected the call.. Briliant!!!

Srinivas Matte - where are you located ?
This is getting very interesting ! MTNL has never had delays with activating speed changes. At least I have not faced it in the past.
I suspect that although MTNL is advertising 8 Mbps plans, it is possible that they do not have the infrastructure ready for it in all locations across Mumbai. So no amount of complaints to 1504 is going to help because the aunties are probably not aware about where the issue lies.
Also we need to identify if people living within 1 KM of the exchange are getting speeds of 7-8 Mbps. Who knows ? Maybe MTNL may finally use distance as an excuse for us not getting 8 Mbps and then try to sell us their line bonding modems for 4 k ?
I think people who live with 3-4 kms of the exchange should get at least 4 mbps ? But with MTNL you never know.

Back