MTNL Broadband: 8mbps Plans

• Thread starter Thread starter Atul
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,949
  • Views Views 264,127
Nik138... Pls do let us know ur exp at exchange .. They did not entertain me when i said i want 8mbps line .. Even when i took them to there own website. She became very rude in the end and i gave up. Want ths plan badly..

Even I tried and failed with the aunties. But I got an intelligent one who suggested instead to go for the 10mbps vdsl plan for 990 bucks

So i went to the exchange the following day , i went to the building where the customer service was located earlier and the door was locked so i went up to the 1st floor and asked around about this 8mbps plan ,I was directed to the adjacent building . So i walked upto the next building and told the aunty about the plan she kept saying we dont know what your talking about so i open up the webpage on my iPhone 5 and show her the plans and shes like i dont know she showed me some VDSL plans and directed me back to the 1st building that i was at before and told me to speak to some head of connections person . I walk back to the next building take the steps to the 1st floor and ask around for this person who is not around and then in redirected to the ground floor .
I Finaly meet this person and he seems like a nice chap . I told him i want to apply for the 8Mbps DSL and he says that it will take 10 more days to get the card installed . He checked my number on the computer and got a cable number and he said that he has applied for 2 new cards for that cable number . So im like ok and still show him the plans on my phone and he is like woh woh whats this. He was clueless when he saw MTNL had launched 8Mbps DSL all this while he was refering to VDSL and i was like i dont want VDSL i want DSL. He was like i dont think the lines can even support 8mbps on dsl . So he took down my details and he said he will call me back . Which i was sure he would not, so i took his number and i will call him tomorrow.
This adventure continues ....
I might just buy a VDSL modem coz i know for a fact the card will get installed in 8-10 days after which i can take a VDSL connection.
by the way this was the Juhu -Danda Exchange which is next to SNDT .
I dont know what MTNL is doing here ? even their top guys have no clue about it . I guess i will have to go higher :).
I will call him and let you guys know what the outcome is . One things for sure going to the exchange is useless coz there is no way to book this connection if it dont show up on their bloody pc's.
And a written application is useless when no one know what your refering to .
{SIGH}
Nik

Went to the Borivali MTNL exchange and submitted my application on September 28th. The lady said this plan didn't exist and politely offered to show me the plans in the system. When she scrolled below the VDSL plans, she was surprised to see the ADSL 8 Mbps plans. She made the change in my account and told me that it would be active on 1st October,
On 1st October at approximately 1 PM, both my landline and broadband were dead. I filed a complaint and finally on the 3rd, both were restored. however my speed is still 2 Mbps. When I called 1504, the lady told me that the plans get activated on the first of the month, but it generally takes another 5 days for the customer to be allocated the speed according to his plan. She advised I call on 24361221 to report issues with broadband speed. AS expected, nobody is answering that phone. Will have to wait for a few days.

Did u go to Borivali west exhange(opposite HDFC bank)?. When i went tht stupid aunty at counter no 2 said they dnt hav tht plan.. I insisted on checking her system and she said 8 mbps is only in vdsl!! Stupid people.. Really annoying!! Did u go to Borivali west exhange(opposite HDFC bank)?. When i went tht stupid aunty at counter no 2 said they dnt hav tht plan.. I insisted on checking her system and she said 8 mbps is only in vdsl!! Stupid people.. Really annoying!! Can u check what plan is showing for you at regiater.mtnl.net.in

shethsa said:
Quick qs to you guys. Why don't you go in for 10mbps vdsl @990 rs instead of 8mbps @900 adsl
because you dont need to get a new modem for 4000 bucks and u dont need to cancl ur existing line

because you dont need to get a new modem for 4000 bucks and u dont need to cancl ur existing line
Ok. I'm looking at it like thisIf 8mbps plan isn't available Then rather go for 4mpbs plan @1700 the vdsl 10mbps @990 sounds better even after paying 4k for the modem

aragorn said:
Did u go to Borivali west exhange(opposite HDFC bank)?. When i went tht stupid aunty at counter no 2 said they dnt hav tht plan.. I insisted on checking her system and she said 8 mbps is only in vdsl!! Stupid people.. Really annoying!!Did u go to Borivali west exhange(opposite HDFC bank)?. When i went tht stupid aunty at counter no 2 said they dnt hav tht plan.. I insisted on checking her system and she said 8 mbps is only in vdsl!! Stupid people.. Really annoying!!Can u check what plan is showing for you at regiater.mtnl.net.in
I went to the borivali west exchange, which is close to the station, opposite the 240/206/296 bus stop.
In my account it says DSL_Combo_8mbps.
The aunty told me that plan is not available as well...There is a lady who sits next to the entrance who gives duplicate bills to customers...on her right is the aunty who you need to speak with for plan changes. She said there is only VDSL for 8 Mbps, I said no i'm talking about ADSL. She then logged into her system and showed me the plans. As she scrolled below the VDSL plans I pointed out the 8 Mbps ADSL plans listed below them, she was actually surprised and told me she hadn't seen them before. But she made the change in her system.
I am not within 1 KM from the exchange so I will not get 8 Mbps. Even if I get 4-5 Mbps it's good enough for me. I'm not too keen on paying 4K for a line bonding modem and then a monthly rent of 100 bucks.
VDSL is a good option only for people within 1 KM from the exchange. VDSL speeds deteriorate faster than ADSL as you move farther from the exchange, and if you look at the MTNL site they make no mention of a workaround for VDSL - http://mtnlmumbai.in/index.php/vdsl-broadband (eg a line bonding modem or anything of that sort). SO if you opt for VDSL and end up with speeds of 2-3 mbps , it is quite likely that MTNL will say you live far from the exchange and there is nothing they can do. Now I know the website does not talk about distance limitations but at the Borivali West Exchange, there is a printout put up on the wall that says VDSl @ 10 Mbps( 1 KM distance)

Back