MTNL Broadband: ADSL light on, but no internet connectivity

• Thread starter Thread starter aalaap
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 553
  • Views Views 97,894

aalaap

ISP
Hathway 256k UL, MTNL TriB 256k UL
My phone line abruptly went down on Wednesday, 25th of March 2009. It had been going dead a few times before that too, but the ADSL was working, and I barely use this phone line as a phone line, so I didn't bother. Besides, an online complaint would solve the problem soon.But this time was different. Line dead, ADSL dead. I called up several times, got several complaint numbers, but no luck. Called the local guy (Yadav). He said he'd come, but not on the next day which was some bank holiday. Saturday, no one came. Monday Yadav came, and told me that the line is dead and he can't do anything. He called up someone back at the office and told them that the line is dead.:(An hour later, the line was up. I turned on the router and, sure enough, the ADSL light was on too. But my connection is not working. My local wireless network is up - I can see the iMac, the netbook, etc. - but I have no internet access. In Vista, there is no globe icon over the network icon. I had been using OpenDNS before this, so I switched back to MTNL's DNS, but still no luck.:cry:Any idea what I can try before I call upon the services of the almighty Yadav again? He's going to freak out looking at the iMac like he did the last time, so I want to avoid it...:S

I've been getting calls from MTNL all morning asking me to check if the line is working, but it's not. I've left the laptop on the MTNL WiFi for testing. The iMac is on Hathway and that's where I'm online from right now...

hmm..looks like a port binding issue..when the line went dead from MDF they switched the ports and maybe the DSL port was switched too..but the broadband remote access server is still configured to let u log on from the old ADSL port only..complain for release of mac ID

Happened to me just now. ADSL light is on but connectivity, Line is ok as is the phone. So I switched off waited for 10 mins & now its working. Same thing also happened yesterday

speeds are little bit slow today on MTNL. but i didnt have problem reported above.

It's just not working for me at all. I checked the router status and this is what I got: Device Information Firmware Version: 2.7.0.31(RUE0.C1)3.5.10.0 MAC Address: 00:18:02:86:d4:b1LAN IP Address: 192.168.1.1 Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0 DHCP Server: EnabledWAN Virtual Circuit: [PVC0] Status: Not Connected Connection Type: PPPoE IP Address: 0.0.0.0 Subnet Mask: 0.0.0.0 Default Gateway: 0.0.0.0 DNS Server: 0.0.0.0ADSL ADSL Firmware Version: FwVer:3.5.10.0_A_TC3084 HwVer:T14.F7_1.0 Line State: Showtime Modulation: ADSL2 PLUS Annex Mode: ANNEX_A Downstream Upstream SNR Margin: 35.2 26.0 dbLine Attenuation: 32.0 21.3 dbData Rate: 256 262 kbps Does this help? Out here, the PVC0 being 'not connected' is probably ... the problem..?

Back