MTNL Broadband: Internet getting disconnected for 1 minute every few hours?

• Thread starter Thread starter nevillek
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 169
  • Views Views 33,522
socrates i use a router (Asus RT-N13U) with modem with modem running on Bridge mode , where can i see the SNR details ?

I am not familiar with that model of modem but it should be available somewhere in the settings page, you will have to browse around but do it carefully so as not to make any inadvertent change. :)

I seem to have a problem with the net today :( Slow & speedtest page giving an error. Even this site is refreshing after 3-4 clicks. :(

It looks like a line problem where your SNR is too low & attenuation is v high.

Mate, should i email or go to the exchange to get my Line replaced or repaired??

Also i can play Counterstrike and other Online games( Indian Servers ) properly but i cant surf internet at all.

If it would line problem i wouldn't be able to play also !

Please suggest :(

Karan

***UPDATE - just went to my cousins house checked theirs its down !, went to my neighbors theirs is also down all on the same Exchange !!

I have always maintained that at least one visit to the exchange helps, in our environment knowing a person always helps in successful future exchanges with these people.

Thanks Socrates,Krish88 for helping me out , end of the day 2 days of disconnetion and one call to 198 to book my complaint solved the issue happy :) !!

Thanks Socrates,Krish88 for helping me out , end of the day 2 days of disconnetion and one call to 198 to book my complaint solved the issue happy :) !!

Welcome :D

---------- Post added at 06:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:29 PM ----------

ppl, have u manully inputed ip or automatically in tcp/ip settings ???

I have set Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) Property settings on my computer as “automatically obtain an IP address” using DHCP. You can check these settings by looking at the TCP/IP Properties of your Internal Network Connections, which are accessible through the Control Panel of your computer.
See Socrates

Welcome :)

Back