MTNL Broadband is injecting ads on your computer pretending it's a feature

@x720
I won't go that lengths to get over this problem.
tbh, MTNL despite its poor support and lack of technical people. They provide value for the money you pay as long as the service is good in your area. Problems do arise but they don't last long and aren't that often.
And so far there is not 100% problem free ISP so I would still stick to them.

@amish
Try to just DROP the IP and check, it still tries to connect to the server first then moves on to the site you want. So still is trying to bloody side loads those ads or atleast trying to monitor my traffic?
Do post an update if you find any other suspicious IP.

@chromaniac
I hope not.
Did that happen with delhi? How did that go? still is happening? Any updates on that?

Edit : @chromaniac
When you flagged my signature, you somehow force changed my account password or something. Wasn't able to log in had to reset it.

@amish
Try to just DROP the IP and check, it still tries to connect to the server first then moves on to the site you want. So still is trying to bloody side loads those ads or atleast trying to monitor my traffic

Did not get what you meant.

I had not blocked it. I have not seen any ads either. But I use squid proxy which logs every IP / site that accessed.

So when you gave that IP address... I did log search and found that there is existence of that IP in my logs. (from 7 to 10 June)

@amish
Understood you run squid. Thought you too blocked the IP.

@x720
5net is run by local cable guys. Don't want to deal with them, they are brainless evil people.
I've applied for FTTH few months ago, hopefully that would be better.

Yep. That's the only thing that I'm weary off. The guy who provides cable is a nice chap, but he isn't that one providing 5net. Need to do some homework there.

Tata, maybe.

ran it on windows... there is a text based config file which went over my head.

IljH3ai.png

Back