MTNL Broadband: Migrated to TriB_Combo_Unlimited

ISP
MTNL
Hi

Just wanted to share some good news.
After launch on 1st of Jan, i had opted for a plan swutch from 590 NU to TriB_Combo_Unlimited on 1st itself. The lady at sanchar haat told me that this would come into effect from 1st of Feb as the request has to be given in the last month. ie Dec 07. But i argued that the plan was not launcged then. I was not even expecting the change but to my surprise, i had this in my Account Summary today
Account Information
User ID #########
Name #########
Account Number #########
Status ACTIVE
Date of Creation 09-Apr-2007
Current Plan TriB_Combo_Unlimited
Resources
Name Current Balance
MB Used 639.49 MB
ADSL MB Left 1.8658 MB
No of eligible E-mail Ids 1
Night MB Used 0 MB
Last_Month_MB 1070.44 MB
Total E-mail Ids 0
Fixed IP Address -

1 how would they bill me for Jan 01 to Jan 05. would it be pro rated.
2. Also what does ADSL MB Left has to do in this case.. and why is it showing 1.8658 MB??
3. It shows 100 Free Calls and Call rate of Rs 1 per pulse. So does that mean STD also at Rs 1..?

TIA
Ujjwal

Damn i was also thinking of trying this ..... but that CC said our system are down currently shit!

@ujjwal:1. Yes, they would bill you for those 5 days on pro-rata basis.2. Yeah, ideally it should show as "NA". But probably it is for the 5 days that you might have used.3. I am not sure about this, but my guess is that STD would also be Re.1 but the pulse would be something like 20-40 seconds depending on the distance.

@All above Thanks for the info.

I am getting download speed of around 208-216 kbps (26-27 KBps).....so you can say its "up to" 256 kbps(i.e 32KBps)

I am not sure when would the ISP's follow the TRAI guidelines and increase the speeds...!!!

Status ACTIVE Date of Creation 06-Feb-2007 Current Plan TriB_Combo_Unlimited DNP CASE NO

MB Used 989.19 MB ADSL MB Left 102.8661 MB No of eligible E-mail Ids 1 Last_Month_MB 10271.51 MB Total E-mail Ids0 Fixed IP Address-

I didnt understand the meaning of unlimited internet...Last month's limited was 10 gb
suddenly it has become 1 gb... there is no plan on MTNL website howsoever.
Can somebody please tell me what's going on ???????????

Status ACTIVE Date of Creation 06-Feb-2007 Current Plan TriB_Combo_Unlimited DNP CASE NO

MB Used 989.19 MB ADSL MB Left 102.8661 MB No of eligible E-mail Ids 1 Last_Month_MB 10271.51 MB Total E-mail Ids0 Fixed IP Address-

I didnt understand the meaning of unlimited internet...Last month's limited was 10 gb
suddenly it has become 1 gb... there is no plan on MTNL website howsoever.
Can somebody please tell me what's going on ???????????

@gravityzero....Since u have unlimited connection...ur ADSL MB Left Will remain " 102.8661 MB" .....watever amount u download..so don't worry....Your ADSL MB Left will stay constant

Back