MTNL Broadband: need best wifi router !!!!!

• Thread starter Thread starter suraj_singh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 59
  • Views Views 28,228
on the first floor with my computer desk. the signals are ok on that floor. but when i take my laptop to the first, second and third floors the signals become weaker and weaker and on 3rd floor they are gone. and i also don't want to pay 75 bucks to mtnl guys just for using the modem.

i am not sure regular routers would work two stories with multiple walls between them. i suggest investing into a repeater instead of experimenting with a new router that might not work till the third floor and of course the roof.

what is a repeater sir ??? also i don't want to use mtnl router. is their any other router that i can use with mtnl. right now they have given me beetle 450TC1 with their tagging on it. its a white color router pic of which i have already posted in the above message. kindly suggest some good and powerful router.

it's like a router but is used to amplify the signal in areas where the signal is week. so you can for example install it on the second floor.

2k-3k but its not an issue if something best can be suggested i can increase 1k more because i have ordered a very high end gaming pc and will be increasing the speed of internet connection as well.

You can look at the TP-Link TL-WR1043ND. Should be around 3.5k. It has 3 antennas so range should be way way better than the current router you have. Supports n speed (300mbps) over WLAN and 1 gigabit over LAN.Also, the antenna is detachable so if you want even better range, you can upgrade to 5dBi antennas. (Costs around ~350 Rs. for one antenna),

I put this one DSL model + wif-fi router + normal wire router 3in1. TD-W8961ND - Welcome to TP-LINK
From 3 months and its fantastic, no disconnects and no problems.
Additionally have also put this TL-WA730RE - Welcome to TP-LINK
because usually wi-fi home routers only good for single floor house, but my house is ground and 1st, so signal is weak on ground floor as dsl router is upstairs,
So have a range extender installed for each floor your want WI-FI

Back