MTNL Download Speed and Disconnection

• Thread starter Thread starter kaz_devil
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 15
  • Views Views 3,323

kaz_devil

ISP
MTNL
Hi guys,I'm using mtnl's 320kbps combo Unlimited plan and I'm getting really slow speeds for the last month. What could be wrong?I get extremely slow speeds.In the first month after getting the connection everything was fine but since then its been painful..Plz help Downstream Upstream SNR Margin: 6.5 24.5 dbLine Attenuation: 62.0 45.3 dbData Rate: 192 253 kbps

Your line stats are horrible. Also the data rate they have synced you to is also low. Get on the phone and kick some butt.

Since the line condition is poor that's why even the data rate has come down.Call up the linesman from your exchange ASAP.

Call up the linesman from your exchange ASAP.

Just a small correction. A linesman is in football. For telephones it should be the lineman.

Hello. I'm using MTNL 512kbps connection (599 Unlimited Plan)
Do you think am getting the right connection speed according to my plan? cause whenever I try to download anything, I get 60kbps of transfer speed as MAX, which I find relatively low as per 512kbps connection
https://www.speedtest.net

Thanks

Hello. I'm using MTNL 512kbps connection (599 Unlimited Plan)
Do you think am getting the right connection speed according to my plan? cause whenever I try to download anything, I get 60kbps of transfer speed as MAX, which I find relatively low as per 512kbps connection
https://www.speedtest.net

Thanks

yeah that is the CORRECT speed, please divide 512/8 and tell me the answer and that will be your REAL download speed!! and as far as i know u are getting the highest possible speeds on on a 512 plan.

yeah that is the CORRECT speed, please divide 512/8 and tell me the answer and that will be your REAL download speed!! and as far as i know u are getting the highest possible speeds on on a 512 plan.

Thanks. I think I need to upgrade my plan lol. I usually download lot of movies but since I am back in Bombay from San Diego, I have not been downloading much cause of low speed.
I use to get 900kbps transfer speed in San Diego, ofcourse the connection type was different but I don't remember what connection it was. As in 2mbps connection or more than that.

Thanks. I think I need to upgrade my plan lol. I usually download lot of movies but since I am back in Bombay from San Diego, I have not been downloading much cause of low speed.
I use to get 900kbps transfer speed in San Diego, ofcourse the connection type was different but I don't remember what connection it was. As in 2mbps connection or more than that.

lucky you, your connection would be 6mbps+

Get 2 mbps Nu plan 1 movie in 90 min approx....LOLif he was getting 900 Kb/S definitely it was 10 MBPS connection hence approx 900KB/s speed :Pprobably comcast cabel :P

Back