MTNL Download Speed and Disconnection

• Thread starter Thread starter kaz_devil
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 15
  • Views Views 3,323
It was Time Warner cable connection. Those were the good days of downloading now it sucks. I use to pay Rs.2000 per month for that connection, out here I would probably get 2mbps connection for that price. I don't know how many of you think about this but I strongly believe internet is still expensive out here in India. But I do expect to see a price drop in coming years. Hope for the best :)

It was Time Warner cable connection.
Those were the good days of downloading now it sucks. I use to pay Rs.2000 per month for that connection, out here I would probably get 2mbps connection for that price.

I don't know how many of you think about this but I strongly believe internet is still expensive out here in India. But I do expect to see a price drop in coming years. Hope for the best :)

what rs 2000 for 10mbps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! didnt time warner suck??? was it unlimited??

what rs 2000 for 10mbps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! didnt time warner suck??? was it unlimited??
Yeah I roughly use to pay $50 per month and yes it was unlimited and brilliant!
At least I could download movies in 10mins lol

---------- Post added at 10:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 AM ----------

See that's what am saying, paying just Rs.2000 and getting a 10mbps connection is so worth it than paying Rs.2000 for getting 2mbps? that's the reason I don't want to pay these people right now because in the end there is no major difference between 512kbps connection and 2mbps connection. For sure when it comes to browsing it can be flawless on 2mbps and also on downloading, but nothing major! may be 1 hour less in downloading but I guess it's still not worth it. I would rather wait!

Yeah I roughly use to pay $50 per month and yes it was unlimited and brilliant!
At least I could download movies in 10mins lol

---------- Post added at 10:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 AM ----------

See that's what am saying, paying just Rs.2000 and getting a 10mbps connection is so worth it than paying Rs.2000 for getting 2mbps? that's the reason I don't want to pay these people right now because in the end there is no major difference between 512kbps connection and 2mbps connection. For sure when it comes to browsing it can be flawless on 2mbps and also on downloading, but nothing major! may be 1 hour less in downloading but I guess it's still not worth it. I would rather wait!

im SHOCKED, 10mbps unlimited for 2000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

im SHOCKED, 10mbps unlimited for 2000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the connection I was using.
Road Runner Standard$51.95/mo
Rates & Pricing | Time Warner Cable | SanDiego-DesertCities

*More than 6 times the speed of DSL claim is based on Road Runner Standard download speed of up to 10 Mbps versus AT&T’s Express DSL download speed of up to 1.5 Mbps. Dial-up speed comparisons are based on Road Runner Standard download speed of up to 10 Mbps versus a 56K modem’s download speed of up to 56 Kbps. Actual speeds may vary. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.

** Security software is not available for Macintosh computers. CA™ Internet Security Suite software must be downloaded on Road Runner and registration is required.

Road Runner | Time Warner Cable | SanDiego-DesertCities

FYI, Fivenet is offering 10 mbps at Rs 5999/- pa. After cablewallah maintenance charges this comes out to be under 8K pa. God for those where Fivenet can provide. I am not one of those lucky ones yet. I live in hope. Ultimately it may reach me faster than Hayai.

Back