MTNL IPTV: IPTV To Be Launched

• Thread starter Thread starter lost_soul
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 87
  • Views Views 23,962
yes its day for announcement.one wont start without knowing charges, which are to be announced lateras per their website.

@Tanmay
My pleasure!!

Mtnl Sarkari babus have just one intention i.e. to be first one to launch iptv in the whole country!!
Otherwise both Airtel and Mtnl started testing the service at same time and you expect Mtnl to win the race??? What a Joke :lol:

Internally i think they have nothing ready yet.

Edit update

They are offering set top box for 6000Bucks!!ooops! I know somewhere they gonna hit bump!! LOLZ

check it out

http://www.business-standard.com/common/st...no=261915&tab=r

QUOTE(Amish @ Oct 16 2006, 08:01 AM) [snapback]65556[/snapback]
yes its day for announcement.

one wont start without knowing charges, which are to be announced later
as per their website.
[/b]

Dear Amish,

Now please go through the the anoucement news and see the link for news article.

Which says that monthly charges are 199 and Cost of STB is Rs.6,000/- and at present they are offering the25 free to air channels.

http://www.techtree.com/India/Indias_First...-76568-613.html

are they crazy? who is going to pay 6k for normal STB? does STB give anyspecial feature?and does the 199rs include taxes or its w/o tax?and those 25 channels are free-to-air channels? now as far as i knowgovt has recently stated that all free-to-air channels should be shown atmaximum 75rs or so. now isnt MTNL violating it?also 200 channels would be at extra cost or at same price of 199rs?

man I wont go for IPTV if they will charge 6000 for that stupid STB. Instead of giving cheap start options to attract and make quick customers MTNL is scaring the customers away with this...They should have given two months free usage etc like Tata Sky is doing, stupid MTNL no marketing sense, they still are in the illusion that they have monopoly...My cablewalah is much better option in 200 bucks/months... :P

what? which cable wala gives all channels at 200rs a month?where do u stay? i will move there. LOL

have cable op slashed rates recently or the prices are same singe long?i need to ask my cable op.can u both (imran and gavnitsingh) give me locality where u stay?so i can tell my cable op, "look they are charging just 150-200rs".does ur cable op provide all channels?

Price was never slashed!! Infact incerased before feb i was paying Rs 100 for it. But i live in delhi ? Can't compare to mumbai which is an expensive city.Yes they provide all channels

QUOTE(gavnitsingh @ Oct 17 2006, 03:49 PM) [snapback]65723[/snapback]
But i live in delhi ? Can't compare to mumbai.
[/b]

how do i know where u live? LOL. just kidding because u put question mark.

hmm and imran, you too live in delhi?

EDIT: ok just found imran is in mumbai but which area?

Back