MTNL is a Total Failure in terms of Customer Expectations

• Thread starter Thread starter sanke1
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 58
  • Views Views 6,898
u can switch to (force) ADSL2+ and it shud work too. though in mycase ADSL2+ causes frequent disconnection.

The Line Card in your DSLAM is not ADSL2+ compatible.
Once they change the line card only then will you get ADSL2+.
With Airtel most of the connections are ADSL2+ but mine still on G.Dmt.

Reasons why they change to ADSL2+

- Lots of subscribers put extra load on DSLAM with ADSL1, signal interference increases.
- Corporate users require heavy Bandwidth with minimum interference.
ADSL2+ lets them provide greater quality over long distances.
- User on 8Mbps plans with old line cards (not supporting ADSL2+) have regular line drops because of load.
:)

^^ Are of sure of it? I mean like the NIB people were saying that BSNL still works on G.DMT, although they have plans to incorporate ADSL2+ in the future. Their explanation seems to hold good, because i have came across some of the newer subscribers' modem page displaying 12mbps downstream (which is the max possible value using G.DMT).

^^ It might display as ADSL 2+ in the modem page, but the modem always get the modulation which is programmed on the DSLAM. :)

No ADSL status page will shows ADSL2+ when i select ADSL2+. G.Dmt if I select G.Dmt. Ofcourse its abt MTNL, I have no idea abt BSNL.

yes i'm certain of what i said. I never said that BSNL supports ADSL2+. wrongly quoted techie instead of amish(now corrected)if the line card supports both ADSL2+ and Gdmt it will always activate ADSL2+, unless ADSL2+ is not selected and Gdmt is selected at users end.:)

Mode: ADSL2+ Line Coding: Trellis On Status: No Defect Link Power State: L0 Beetel220BX1 all selected except annexe M ( Default values )Dataone connection now IP 59.xx.xx.xx

essbebenot a good idea to give ur IP no matter how secure ur firewall is. and even if it keeps changing.

the govt in the election mood has given Rs. 60,000 cr. to farmers, reduction in income taxes, cut in railway fares (though only 5 - 10%)the entire IBF (can say with full confidence ;)) will vote for congress if they give 8 mbps ul for say 999, what say guys??i know the govt cannot directly control these prices, but i guess the communication minister has some control...

Back