MTNL offers truly Unlimited 3G data for Rs 1650

• Thread starter Thread starter DNA_Uncut
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 83
  • Views Views 32,461
What speed have we got in nagpur? Crappy BSNL, Tikona is available in few areas but it is only best till you don't have to call customer care, Reliance is unavailable in most of the city.
@HE-MAN you can get a MTNL sim from mumbai and use that 1650 plan in nagpur too

Just due to this plan, I got a new MTNL Trump/Dolphin/Jadoo(dont understand the difference) SIM yesterday :) . I am getting all bars on my Mobile near my computer room on 3G. Will be using it on Vodafone data dongle(k3770z). Lets hope for the best. initial 5 min test looks promising. BTW if anyone is using with similar dongle + MTNL SIM on 3G, pls let me know the speeds I can expect in Mumbai.

Does anyone know if we have to call/sms some number to enable HSPA+(or whatever is meant by greater than 3.6 MBPS) speeds on MTNL 3G? I remember there was some SMS sending required to enable high speeds on MTNL SIM to some number. Is this still to be done or we automatically get enabled to whatever max speeds MTNL provides.

3.6Mbps..is the highest you can get theorotically..

hmm wondering why people then get/fight for 7.2 and 14 and 21 mbps speeds and get dongles with those speeds if max 3.6 can only be supported ever on 3G :ohmy:

Only MTNL gives max. 3.6Mbps..other operators have migrated to HSPA+..not everyone though...vodafone,idea have 21.6Mbps..again theorotically!!

Thanks for those details so apna hi sikka khota hai :) BTW if you are using MTNL 3G then how much speeds are you getting if you are from Mumbai Western Suburbs? esp. if u r using it with TP-Link MR-3420(I plan to buy this soon).

i get about 5Mbps during peak hours...and about 6-7Mbps rest...Interestingly connection is pretty stable after my last so called New UL plan recharge...all of a sudden...

Back