MTNL Triband Broadband ADSL Starts Blinking..........

• Thread starter Thread starter krish_88
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 53
  • Views Views 14,577
i agree with u "what the use of gettin 849 NU when u cann't use it" - get the plan changed or shift to other service provider......

if ur (256k users) current SNR margin are above 20 then u can safely take 849NU (2mbps) plan. otherwise u can request MTNL to temporarily increase ur speed to 2mbps so u can check if 2mbps plan is feasible for ur line. if u r lucky they might accept the request.

as sneezy mentioned, your snr margin is too low and your line attenuation is high.what the MTNL guys are saying is true. since you are living in a hilly region your line is bad due to which you are facing frequent disconnections, and so they have reduced your speed because your line isnt capable of handling high speeds.

A person just visited my house. He says that he has informed the Lineman. Let see what happens

Well. Here's my Latest Status . Should i tell him to increase my Downstream data rate to 2048. If i need better speeds.
http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/8522/adslnu4.png

well ur SNR increased because they further decreased ur speed from 512 to 256so now ur line shud be stable

How far r u away from exchange? Maybe u should try changing the whole wire coming to ur home, and the internal wiring as well. Also try changing splitter to see if ur SNR improves

Back