• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 32
  • Views Views 9,984
Status
Not open for further replies.
50 Kbps = 50 Kilobytes per second man

Anyway, here's a speed test:

https://www.speedtest.net

50 Kbps means 50 kilobits per second. you need to learn the difference between kbps and kBps.

WHere is that params user ?He was pretty gung ho about Tata some time back, seems to have dissapeared.

QUOTE(Crazysah @ Apr 1 2007, 02:50 PM) [snapback]85682[/snapback]
Download:Upload is 1:1.

I am not sure if it is ADSL connection but I am pretty sure it is.[/b]

If download is equivalent to upload its not ADSL...Its SDSL or Symmetric DSL...but i have my doubts if its DSL at all.

How have they brought the wire to ur house? underground? or hanging from tree and branches..and is it a single pair cable similar to the one for ur telephone line or a 2 or 4 pair UTP cable?

Most probably its just a LAN created by TATA like SIfy..

its actually the Last mile that spells the difference between different operators as far as reliability is concerned...I would never take a connection which is not underground or coming over Wimax after my experience with sify and hotwire..

I don't think it is underground.

QUOTE(Sushubh @ Apr 7 2007, 12:20 AM) [snapback]86482[/snapback]
50 Kbps means 50 kilobits per second.

you need to learn the difference between kbps and kBps.[/b]

Oops, my bad :-D.

QUOTE(cyberwiz @ Apr 7 2007, 02:07 PM) [snapback]86538[/snapback]
If download is equivalent to upload its not ADSL...Its SDSL or Symmetric DSL...but i have my doubts if its DSL at all.

How have they brought the wire to ur house? underground? or hanging from tree and branches..and is it a single pair cable similar to the one for ur telephone line or a 2 or 4 pair UTP cable?

Most probably its just a LAN created by TATA like SIfy..

its actually the Last mile that spells the difference between different operators as far as reliability is concerned...I would never take a connection which is not underground or coming over Wimax after my experience with sify and hotwire..[/b]

It can be adsl too,coz adslx can give symmetric speeds upto the max upload limit which depends on adsl modulation and annex employed.

They were using g.lite until this time,now they have upgraded/upgrading to adsl2+,syncing at 2M down /1M up,so they have room to provide symmetric speeds until 1M..

Tata give internet via adsl except in very large cities(Metro E) and via third parties at some places..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back