My issues with Tata Sky DTH Service

• Thread starter Thread starter autumn
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 192
  • Views Views 31,962
James....Bro, you are bit lucky in the Movies field as well!! We dont even get new movies on our cable TV.....its like, we are oppressed by our Cable guy, and he still feels they have monopoly in our area. We want to show him that quality service is the need of the hour. If you cant give it, then take back all your rubbish, we have other players as well....PS: Sorry for getting so much excited.....but i cant help it. I am very much frustrated with his services!!

I just don't understand why Tata Sky has very limited regional channels ? They need to learn from other DTH. We are fed up of it.

So that they can offer customers, "channels of customers choice".. but when there is not many choices, they dont have anything to lose :D

We know that Tata Sky has following drawbacks.1] Very less number of channels & services2] Not a single FM / Audio channel3] Very few FTA channels4] Frequent change of packages5] Packages are not customizable6] Free preview of new channels is rarely given7] Removal of less popular channels by giving the excuse of low popularity or saying it crap channel. (Recently Zee Trendz and 9X)8] Subscription rates very costly9] Very few regional channels 10] Add on packs are designed in such a way that customers are forced to take it.11] All the rate hike, taxes are passed on subscribers and we have to bear additional costs. Hence Tata Sky has highest ARPUs.12] Channels targeted at male audience like TEN Action+ and TEN Cricket are missing.And there are many more drawbacks. We all are tired of complaining, but TS is busy in increasing its ARPUs.

1. Portability will not be at zero cost. One has to buy the CAM module from the service provider; it contains the necessary software for personalising the STB.2. I believe all STBs have CAM slots; whether it is a dummy or an active one will be known when CAM is inserted.3. Many disgruntled TS users from this forum have claimed to have switched to others. There is no feedback from them! I hope it is the case of the thief stung by a scorpio (tamil proverb); he can neither scream to alleviate his pain or carry on with his chosen profession - double loss.4. Mobile number portability will start in Haryana from 1st Nov and will be introduced in other states in stages. Will be interesting to watch the response.

I agree with Jgang TS is expensive but the service is good with minimal hassles.In IBF also chk out forums for other DTH operators and you will find out all of them have dissatisfied customers and similar amount of frustrations but for me personally TS is worth sticking to.

Back