NDTV 24x7 Vs CNN-IBN (Detailed discussion)

• Thread starter Thread starter notepad
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 20
  • Views Views 14,371

notepad

ISP
bsnl 256k UL
NDTV 24x7 or CNN-IBN?(Answer as many questions as possible; no need to answer all; but all who read this thread must answer)Which one do you watch or which one do you watch more?Why do you like the channel you watch more?What do you like about and dont like about NDTV 24x7?What do you like about and dont like about CNN-IBN?Who are your favourite anchors and why?Who are your favourite anchoresses and why?Do you watch anything other than these two channels like TimesNow?Why has CNN-IBN overtaken NDTV? Why do you think?(Note: I dont belong to any news channel. This is just a poll by an ordinary person. Please mark this thread as Sticky. I think only administrators can do it)

Who says this thread can't be hijacked?!?! :)

Which one do you watch or which one do you watch more? - watch both equally, coz both are third-rate channels :P i prefer watching CNN/BBC for global (more professionally reported) news

Why do you like the channel you watch more? n/a

What do you like about and dont like about NDTV 24x7? amateurish/tabloidish reporting, i like the non-news programs, like gadget guru, auto show etc

What do you like about and dont like about CNN-IBN? amateurish/tabloidish reporting, prefer non-news shows like tech2, "now showing" etc

Who are your favourite anchors and why? none

Who are your favourite anchoresses and why? none

Do you watch anything other than these two channels like TimesNow? yes, of course. again for non-news mostly, "foodie" etc

Why has CNN-IBN overtaken NDTV? Why do you think? where's the proof it has overtaken? what if ndtv is better? what if timesnow is best???

Which one do you watch or which one do you watch more?
Both, equally.

Why do you like the channel you watch more?
n.a.

What do you like about and dont like about NDTV 24x7?
What do you like about and dont like about CNN-IBN?
I don't like programs with gossip and news programs that are more about gossip and opinions than facts - We The People and The Big Fight being exceptions, sometimes. I mostly keep my eyes on the ticker.

Who are your favourite anchors and why?
Who are your favourite anchoresses and why?
Rajdeep Sardesai, Barkha Dutt, Sonia Singh, Karan Thapar (when he does not speak too much) and few others (don't know their exact names). The reason - got used to them. Everybody else seems hyper.

Do you watch anything other than these two channels like TimesNow?
Yes, sometimes. But it looks more like some music/ entertainment channel rather than a proper news channel. And, apparently they have not budgeted for chairs since all the anchors keep standing most of the time.

Why has CNN-IBN overtaken NDTV? Why do you think?
Where is the proof? Times Now is advertising that it is number one (don't believe them) and CNN-IBN is number three.

I don't see much difference in how the two operate. But most 'good' reporters (RS and AG are both former NDTV employees) always seem to come from NDTV.

For opinion and exit polls, I stick to CNN-IBN (Rajdeep Sardesai + Yogendra Yadav). For budgets etc, I go to Times Now (for Swaminathan A. Aiyer). And for audience-based discussions, I stick with We The People on NDTV.

There is not much to choose between the two channels. But they are way better than pretenders like Times Now and Headlines Today.

times now is better than both these channels.Of the two, CNN IBN is better than NDTV 24/7. NDTV is a poodle of ex-general Musharaf . Ever since he permitted ndtv to have one of theri reporters in pakistan, pronoy roy has been sucking up to the general. they fail to report important news and instead focus too much on issues like human rights.

NDTV and CNN IBn are undoubtedly two of the best English news channels we have....I do watch both regularly.My fav programmes: We The People and Walk The Talk on NDTV 24/7 Any special show hosted by Rajdeep Sardesai on CNN IBN Anchors : Gaurav Kalra and Vidya Shankar Iyer on CNN IBN Sreenivasan Jain and Aakash Das Gupta on NDTV Anchrosses: Paromita Chatterjee and Saagarika Ghose on CNN IBN Sonali Chander and Smriti Rao on NDTV Rajdeep and Barkha are living legends...so they are all time favs.

ndtv 24x7 has become like vishalrao said amateurish/tabloidish reporting

dont know much about cnn ibn because i've just recently started seeing it regularly & didnt find it much like amateurish/tabloidish reporting
but cant say much on that

but ndtv 24x7 has deteriorated like anything. what i hate the most is that they support congress like anything. media should be unbiased

I watch NDTV 24x7, because its only Indian English news channel in UK. But also watch CNN-IBN online sometimes. Both are ok. About NDTV, I guess it is only news channel available on all continents & appears like unofficial mouthpiece of Indian govt (or Congress) like BBC, CNN. They carry good shows & news are as usual. Gadget, Auto shows are good. 'We the people', Sports Show are best.Overall a good Indian news channel watching abroad & remain connected :thumbsup: in crowds of BBC/CNN/Euronews/CCTV9/France24/Al Jazeera

Is this NDTV channel linked with CPI in anyways? Cos I have always notice tht they show more pro communist news than any other channel ... They just slam BJP at every possible occasion and since CPI has parted its way from congress they have started slamming congress too ...I rarely have listen to any news against CPI on this channel ...

Today NDTV were showing Karat's interview which was actually from Kairali TV, don't know what are NDTV upto.

Back