Need help with configuration of huawei HG8145V5

• Thread starter Thread starter Taz ryzen
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 61
  • Views Views 17,719
my guess is Airtel has the PPPoE Server on a VLAN other than 100 or 0? Not sure

the serial number is checked for PON only right?

So I've been reading a bit on GPON Authentication and it appears that many ISPs (including Airtel?) use OMCI based configuration on top of SN.

Last edited:
@JB701 This is a very interesting read. Thank you for sharing. Guess no luck with your yet?
if you want i will send you my router, may be you can test out and see if there is any luck with you.

no no don't worry i got one HG8145 and another no wifi version I bought from Varkey. neither has pppoe servers being detected despite pon authenticating. i haven't gotten to getting them disable the bridge mode.

@JB701 Was this HG8145V5 initially on Airtel before you got hold of it?

I bought mine from OLX and it had an Airtel sticker on it. The airtel tech support guy was able to provision it manually.

I am wondering whether your device has the OEM firmware or the Airtel firmware. If it is the former then it could be tricky.

I got the OEM one sadly. Any clue on why the PPPoE servers aren't showing up despite PON working?

Airtel app says router update required, but there is no option to update the router, any guide on how to update the firmware?

IMG-4057.png

Back