• Thread starter Thread starter liverpool79
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 17
  • Views Views 4,019

liverpool79

ISP
Airtel
Hi,i'm planning to set up a WiFi connection through my Airtel broadband :
1.Please recommend a decent WiFi router which can provide a stable signal/connection in an area approx.equal to a 3-bedroom apartment.
2.I'm a complete tech. novice,will i be able to set up the wifi connection myself or do i need to call the Airtel technician ?
3. What's the best way to secure the wifi connection ?

Budget? Coz even a low end router would provide these basic features. But if you are willing to invest more, you can get a better product.

Not too expensive,good quality & signal strength that should last a couple of years,will be using the WiFi just to occasionally browse.

lol. not too expensive does not really give any idea. around 1000 bucks? 2000 bucks? 3000 bucks?

For 2000 rs. these 2 modem+router will be good choices in terms of reliabilty and coaverage, used by many members of the forum-
TP-LINK TD-W8961ND 300Mbps ADSL2+ Wireless with ModemRouter - TP-LINK: Flipkart.com
D-Link DSL-2750U Wireless N ADSL2 4-Port Wi-Fi Router - D-Link: Flipkart.com
With these you won't need your old Beetal modem which you can keep as a backup.
Alternatively if you want to purchase a router only since you have a modem already, you can look at these options-
D-Link DIR-600L Wireless N150 Cloud Router - D-Link: Flipkart.com
TP-LINK TL-WR740N 150Mbps Wireless N Router - TP-LINK: Flipkart.com

Bumping this topic as i've encountered a problem .
I'm temporarily using a Belkin F5D7234-4 v5 wireless router which was setup by the Airtel tech guy.Problem is both my brother and father are able to connect via wifi using their laptops.
I'm unable to connect via my laptop and keep getting : "wireless authentication failed because of a timeout".

Any help would be appreciated.

Back