Need info about the Fivenet Network

• Thread starter Thread starter Vinay Hegde
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 61
  • Views Views 28,635
Hello thx for answering and adding me as a friend

but the scene is like this
Need - Isp dial up + dc dialup setting at the same time in the router. I mean Both PPPOE connection at the same time connecting to ISP as well as DC++
(i don't know if u use dc++ connection separate and isp connection seprately)
Through pc i do the same. Both connection at the same time... but after buying router I do not want to dial connect from PC.. I want it to be configured in the router..Like it should be Always on... i want to access the connection on my pc, wifi enabled phone and laptop.

I have a lot of exp with RJ11 wan connection ed router...But RJ45 WAN connection ed router doesn't came in my way until now. I used lots of D-Link, Belkin, hawai,etc
I do also know about port forwarding.

Regarding world net well it is cheap but depends on how u like it. I do like it and works great. But the problem is not reliable. If u have fivenet than i guess it is better.

I done some research my self (just a overlook) i found some routers well i think that they might work but i am not sure of the two connection at the same time.

Code:
ASUS Wireless-N DSL Router Wi-Fi 150 Mbps RT-N10+	1345TP-Link TL-WR740N N150 Wireless N Router 150MBPS 3Yr WA	1,249.00Tenda Wireless N Router Multimedia/HD - eXtended Range	1,100.00AirStation N150 Wireless Router WCR-GN-AP Buffalo N-150	1,088.00Edimax BR-6324NL Wireless Broadband N150 Router 3 Yr	1,325.00TP-Link TL-WR741ND	1,999.00TP-Link TL-WR841ND 300Mbps Wireless N Router	2,100.00
I might be wrong in some of the router selected above but i need a opinion and want to show u guys that i tried myself to find a suitable router. But i do not know will they be capable of dialing 2 connection at same time.

1) The router must dial two connection at the same time like dc++ and ISP (internally) no pc need. Wireless N router will be preferable.
2) Atleast 3 RJ45 PORT 1 WAN RJ45 AND 2 RJ45 more port would be advantage..
3)Router - Which company and which model of that company.. e.g D-Link 2640T router for ADSL+

Ref: For more understanding check out this thread http://www.techenclave.com/networking/wifi-router-for-two-pppoe-dialers-188234.html

Thank you very much

Anybody ?

Okay ...i don't know why you are complicating things ...i will try helping by explaining how it works for meFivenet Cat5 (RJ45 cable into the Belkin router) - Belkin N series router is configured to PPOE -wifi is done and all the browsing/torrents etc work fine2 Port TCP/UDP configured for DC++ -DC++ settings changed accridingly to make DC++ workSimple done :)No dialing everytime ....my PC is connected to internet whenever i switch it on :)Now wherever you get stuck ..feel free to ask me

@altaintau don't need 2 separate connections. u only need to connect to the isp thru pppoe. DC++ is just a file sharing client(like limewire etc). all u need to do is connect to the isp and any router can do that. just configure the router to use pppoe , forward the required ports and ur good to go. On disconnections the router will redial automatically.i use a D-Link dir-615 router - wireless N 300Mbps. however i flashed the dlink firmware with dd-wrt. if u r okay with messing around with ur router then u cud try getting a d-wrt/tomato firmware compatible model and flash it.

@altainta
u don't need 2 separate connections. u only need to connect to the isp thru pppoe. DC++ is just a file sharing client(like limewire etc). all u need to do is connect to the isp and any router can do that. just configure the router to use pppoe , forward the required ports and ur good to go. On disconnections the router will redial automatically.
i use a D-Link dir-615 router - wireless N 300Mbps. however i flashed the dlink firmware with dd-wrt. if u r okay with messing around with ur router then u cud try getting a d-wrt/tomato firmware compatible model and flash it.

Hi Wikedmonk

I have the same router and using five net 10 Mb plan. I am not able to configure the router. I tried PPPoe settings and also given the user name and password, in the end it asked for Clone MAC which was also done.
The end result it does not get an IP and keeps on waiting for the same.

I am also having a breadband connection from reliance, I was able to do configuration for this.

I am not too comfortable with firmware flashing thing as i am not that technically sound in the field of Data communication.

Any help from anyone is welcome.

Hi Wikedmonk

I have the same router and using five net 10 Mb plan. I am not able to configure the router. I tried PPPoe settings and also given the user name and password, in the end it asked for Clone MAC which was also done.
The end result it does not get an IP and keeps on waiting for the same.

I am also having a breadband connection from reliance, I was able to do configuration for this.

I am not too comfortable with firmware flashing thing as i am not that technically sound in the field of Data communication.

Any help from anyone is welcome.

Don't flash the stock firmware of your router if u are not comfortable doing it.
I am facing a similar situation router gets IP but cannot make a direct connection with desktop.
What I have been able to find out so far is that Fivenet basically allows/identifies only 1 mac address(physical address).
Every device has its own unique MAC address. So when u plug your cable in a different device, it cannot get an ip bcoz it fails authentication.
Regarding failure to get ip after MAC cloning, again Fivenet could be blocking cloned MACs if they are able to detect it.
Need soodgautam to verify this.
I also used to have a bb connection from reliance & never faced such a problem, basically with reliance u can plug your ethernet cable into whatever device u want & I never faced this MAC hassle. With reliance u can login after MAC cloning if u want to.
Fivenet needs to clarify about this MAC issue or maybe some experienced Fivenet user may know more about this.

@saurabh.fzrno they can't detect a cloned MAC. post screenshots of ur router pages where u have made changes. will help u through.

@altainta
On disconnections the router will redial automatically.
i use a D-Link dir-615 router - wireless N 300Mbps. however i flashed the dlink firmware with dd-wrt. if u r okay with messing around with ur router then u cud try getting a d-wrt/tomato firmware compatible model and flash it.

I am facing frequent random disconnection problem. Although I have set the router to redial, the disconnection causes broken downloads from file sharing sites & I have to download the entire file all over again.
The minimum duration after which any router can redial is 30secs & after 30secs the router will begin the redial attempt & by the time pc connected to the router detects the login, the normal download is broken & cannot be resumed.
Moreover, there is no set time at which disconnection happens for e.g. with MTNL you always know that there will be disconnection at 12:00am on Sunday.
But these disconnections happen daily at random times & although redial will restore connectivity the download is broken/lost.
Disconnection is not an issue for browsing/surfing bcoz I can resume from where I left off but disasterous for normal http downloads.
Any suggestions?

use a download manager like FDM(free download manager) . integrates with firefox/IE . auto resume for http downloads except for link-removed/link-removed types. As far as fivenet goes they disconnect aftr abt 2gb download(i have no idea why they do this).

use a download manager like FDM(free download manager) . integrates with firefox/IE . auto resume for http downloads except for link-removed/link-removed types. As far as fivenet goes they disconnect aftr abt 2gb download(i have no idea why they do this).

If it is a resumable download any download manager will resume the download but I am talking about http downloads from filesharing sites like the ones u mentioned. If the download from these sites is interrupted then u have to start all over again.:suicide:
By the way I am using jdownloader & I rarely faced this disconnection problem with MTNL when I had it.
About Fivenet disconnections,I have earlier read about 1.8gb/2gb disconnections but in my case it is very random.:mad: Sometimes disconnection happens 10min after login, sometimes after an hour. What I am trying to say is that these disconnections are not happening after a fixed amount of usage & I verified the same from my session details by logging in at 10.20.30.21 account info page for SSV Tech users.
Are u able to download from file sharing sites or are u also facing disconnections?
Any idea what is causing it? :Boy Think:

Back