Need Info about ISP? Plz reply

• Thread starter Thread starter airtel_nike
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 40
  • Views Views 6,729
DWL-2100AP High Speed 2.4GHz (802.11g) Wireless 108Mbps Access Point with omni directional antenna
is this equipment used for providing Internet service
am i right or wrong
D-Link High Speed 2.4GHz (802.11g) Wireless 108Mbps Access Point

No. First of all the antenna won't be strong enough to give a signal more than 100m away (if the space between the AP and the client is unimpeded), secondly, it's an indoor device, so you couldn't really put this on a rooftop and expect it to work for very long. Especially in this weather.

The equipment I've mentioned is designed to be used outdoors, and is powered by the ethernet cable itself (there is a power-over-ethernet injector required but that is meant to be kept indoors near a power source).

Here's a photo of one of our Ubiquiti rockets in NZ (we've used the M5 here, but the M2 looks identical and that's what we're thinking of using in India). The Rocket M5 is attached to a Ubiquiti 16dBi 120-degree sectoral antenna (cost about Rs16,000 for the combo) - you'd need 3 of these for a 360 coverage area and as mentioned, the range and performance is excellent. The longest distance I've tested was 2.2km away in an industrial estate with just a standard WiFi USB dongle at street level, but with some NanoStation M5's we should be able to see this from 15-20km away if we have line of sight (no hills and such). Sadly, I haven't had the opportunity to test at that distance yet.

https://imgur.com/OfacS
The photo shows it attached to a mast before we erected the mast itself.

The other option you could try is a TP-Link TL-WA5210G with a 15dBi omni-directional antenna (TL-ANT2415D) - together these would cost around Rs6k or so and would give you theoretical coverage of up to 15km, though in practicality, 1km is more realistic in an urban area without any special equipment on the receiving end, and probably still less than that given the effects from the metal bars most people have on the outside of their windows. This model is quite popular in Pakistan, but keep in mind, however, that my experience with this unit indicated to me that the performance is less than stellar even with only 1 client, and we ended up returning it to the distributor (lesson learned).

There are tons of other manufacturers with similar equipment - EnGenius, Mikrotik, Asus to name a few, but I've not had much of a chance to play with many of them, mostly for lack of availability in NZ or India or both.

Whichever option you choose, I would still recommend using some kind of CPE with an external antenna as a "client" to ensure a more stable connection - it would save you a lot of heartache later on.

Where i get subscriber management software in Mumbai which help me to mange client bandwidth and his account plz suggest any softwareWhat is the cost of software?Thanks in advance.

Where i get subscriber management software in Mumbai which help me to mange client bandwidth and his account plz suggest any software
What is the cost of software?
Thanks in advance.

This question has sort-of been answered in the post https://broadband.forum/broadband-in-india/70989-need-info-isp-plz-reply/2/#post526093

Authentication/client bandwidth/etc is handled by the RADIUS server. Good billing software is quite expensive but you can try Coova (open-source hotspot software) which will force anyone connecting to your network to sign in (or sign up & pay) via a webpage before they can access the net. It's not great, but it's fairly widely used and it would probably be sufficient for your purposes.

U need a lot of inverstments on servers mainly and get some net connection like 100MBits

Servers are but a drop in the ocean. For a small & simple operation, a single server is sufficient (best to have a hot spare though) and second-hand ones can be picked up for like $100 which will do the job more than sufficiently.

The net connection he needs will depend on whether he can share a license with his upstream ISP or not.

can any one heard about log2space subscriber management software this software is mostly used by ISP. i want to know about there charges any one has info regrading this company.

I can Provide you ISP subleasing License if you are interested please reply me................

I can Provide you ISP subleasing License if you are interested please reply me................

yes i am interested give me full details how to start isp?
thanks in advance

Dear airtel_nike,See first of all provide me area/region details so that I provide/suggest you License type. Remember License is mandatory to run your business safe.And also remember before startup ISP, it is not an easy task you will find business challenges by other Established providers, So, a good team work is must.As you will see good revenue generation easily in this business but don't forget the most imp key of success in this is Quality of Service serve by you.I am a co-network planner in SAIL (Steel Authority of India) Bhilai C.G.,And in Chhattisgarh Tourism Board (CTB),I have done CSVTU ( Chhattisgarh Swami Vevakanand Technical University ) Projects.I have 4years of Technical experience of different Network Architecture.I can help/Guide you Professionally on startup of ISP.here I cannot discuss project in complete details, So please contact me personally.But here I can tell u the estimated Project amount includ license fee.So provide me some information of your service are where you want to serve internet.1) Area/Region (geographical)2) No of Potential users. (Ex:- 200,500,etc)3) No of Established ISP Player's on that area with type of service medium.4) Total no of broadband users as per the record of other ISP player in your region.Note point 3 & 4 is for suggest you better.Please reply me the provide info.....So that I tell the approx complete project amount. After that you decide to proceed further.RegardsSANDEEP

Dear airtel_nike,

See first of all provide me area/region details so that I provide/suggest you License type. Remember License is mandatory to run your business safe.
And also remember before startup ISP, it is not an easy task you will find business challenges by other Established providers, So, a good team work is must.
As you will see good revenue generation easily in this business but don't forget the most imp key of success in this is Quality of Service serve by you.

I am a co-network planner in SAIL (Steel Authority of India) Bhilai C.G.,
And in Chhattisgarh Tourism Board (CTB),
I have done CSVTU ( Chhattisgarh Swami Vevakanand Technical University ) Projects.
I have 4years of Technical experience of different Network Architecture.

I can help/Guide you Professionally on startup of ISP.
here I cannot discuss project in complete details, So please contact me personally.
But here I can tell u the estimated Project amount includ license fee.
So provide me some information of your service are where you want to serve internet.
1) Area/Region (geographical)
2) No of Potential users. (Ex:- 200,500,etc)
3) No of Established ISP Player's on that area with type of service medium.
4) Total no of broadband users as per the record of other ISP player in your region.

Note point 3 & 4 is for suggest you better.

Please reply me the provide info.....
So that I tell the approx complete project amount. After that you decide to proceed further.
Regards
SANDEEP

can plz give mi ur email id

Back