Need info about the Fivenet Network

• Thread starter Thread starter Vinay Hegde
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 61
  • Views Views 28,635
i can download properly from file sharing sites.i never had any prob downloading from any file sharing site. So i am assuming this problem of urs is due to the cablewalla. I watch a lot of stuff on megavideo(streaming). never had a problem. My disconnection happens around 2gb only. apart from that never had any random disconnections. Btw why don't u use the dc++ hub to download? that way ur disconnection problem wud be taken care off with auto resume.the only thing that can cause random disconnections is I think faulty wiring.also check the pings u get. if they r too high or packets r being dropped then the server is getting overloaded which cud cause disconnections. It wud simply imply SSV is too cheap to augment capacity to handle more users.

Don't flash the stock firmware of your router if u are not comfortable doing it.
I am facing a similar situation router gets IP but cannot make a direct connection with desktop.
What I have been able to find out so far is that Fivenet basically allows/identifies only 1 mac address(physical address).
Every device has its own unique MAC address. So when u plug your cable in a different device, it cannot get an ip bcoz it fails authentication.
Regarding failure to get ip after MAC cloning, again Fivenet could be blocking cloned MACs if they are able to detect it.
Need soodgautam to verify this.
I also used to have a bb connection from reliance & never faced such a problem, basically with reliance u can plug your ethernet cable into whatever device u want & I never faced this MAC hassle. With reliance u can login after MAC cloning if u want to.
Fivenet needs to clarify about this MAC issue or maybe some experienced Fivenet user may know more about this.

Thanks Jamie

@saurabh.fzr
no they can't detect a cloned MAC. post screenshots of ur router pages where u have made changes. will help u through.

Thanks Wikedmonk

If it is a resumable download any download manager will resume the download but I am talking about http downloads from filesharing sites like the ones u mentioned. If the download from these sites is interrupted then u have to start all over again.:suicide:
By the way I am using jdownloader & I rarely faced this disconnection problem with MTNL when I had it.
About Fivenet disconnections,I have earlier read about 1.8gb/2gb disconnections but in my case it is very random.:mad: Sometimes disconnection happens 10min after login, sometimes after an hour. What I am trying to say is that these disconnections are not happening after a fixed amount of usage & I verified the same from my session details by logging in at 10.20.30.21 account info page for SSV Tech users.
Are u able to download from file sharing sites or are u also facing disconnections?
Any idea what is causing it? :Boy Think:

@jamie

Even I am using jDownloader with fivenet and after fixing the router issues its working like a charm. I do the downloads from the filesharing sites, link-removed etc., and do not any disconnection issues. I use my work laptop for downloads in the evenings and take the same machine to work (different logins in the laptop for home and work) during the day and jdownloader is able to resume the download from where it left.

However i have one other issue regarding the IP renew.

These file sharing sites have a limit for free users and that limit is captured by these sites using your IP, jDownloader does have a way to work around this limitation by reconnecting (disconnecting and again connecting) to ur ISP, thru router or otherwise, whereby changing ur IP.
Now in my case this was not happeining, after calling fivenet I came to know that simple reconnecting or even power off/on would not renew the IP, but I have to first disconnect and then toggle the first character of the user name and then connect again ( and this worked)
This is really useful to avoid long waiting times when your download limit is completed.

Hope this helps

I have been meaning to setup dc++ but never actually got around to doing it.
Pings r normal without any packet loss at present & ping times constant 13ms.
Right now I am getting this, speedtest result from mumbai server
https://www.speedtest.net

ur uploads are downright horrible. the best workaround would be to use dc++. that shud settle ur downloading problems. buzz me if u need help.

2 gb disconnection happens if the wire is directly connected to the computer (if i am correct)For me its wireless connection -- disconnection happens once in a while but not at 2 GbAlso DC++ is such a relief - you can download 4 gb in 10 minutes ...so its okay even if it disconnects once for 1 minute :)

the PC maybe wireless but the router is not !!! the s/w that takes care of the disconnections etc does not care if ur wireless. For me it disconnects aftr 2gb apprx wired or wireless.

Hey Hi,Me too facing problem in configuring my Belkin Basic Router N150 with 5Net. I have configured the router with PPPoE as Connection Type and MAC address cloning(My Ethernet Card MAC address). Whenever i dial it stucks at verifying username and password saying its been wrong. I would be thankful if u could please tell me the steps to configure the router. I have Dell Laptop.

Hey Hi,

Me too facing problem in configuring my Belkin Basic Router N150 with 5Net. I have configured the router with PPPoE as Connection Type and MAC address cloning(My Ethernet Card MAC address). Whenever i dial it stucks at verifying username and password saying its been wrong. I would be thankful if u could please tell me the steps to configure the router. I have Dell Laptop.
Just tell ur SSV operator to do MAC reset, then login via ur router.
Ur done

Hi saurabh,I appreciate ur quick response, but still i have a doubt i have cloned MAC address but still not working, so should i revert the MAC address of router to the original one's ? . And secondly should i disable firewall of the router.And if i have any other doubts can i contact u in 5 Net Hub, If so let me know ur dc++ usernameThank You

Back