Need Router with 3G USB Dongle Support. Budget: Around 2K

• Thread starter Thread starter Vyom
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 16
  • Views Views 4,031
ISP
Ani Network
tl;dr at the bottom.
Hi fellow members. This is my first post on this forum, regarding a query that I need to resolve. Hope I will find help here.
In an attempt to find myself the best broadband, I have decided to try every conceivable options available in the market. First I had MTNL landline broadband connection. But t used to remain down for hours if not days on a bad day. Then I disconnected it after 3 yrs of connection for Pacenet. But I guess Pacenet is not able to bear heavy load of my usage! :P Now I have decided to try MTNL's 3G connection. The plan of 1650 with unlimited 3G internet seems luring.
So I have a dongle: Huawei E1731. Photo: http://i7.minus.com/iAiFCL1Q4DEwP.jpg (airtel 3G written over it).
I have bought an MTNL 3G sim. Now I just need a router with USB support, that I can use to create a wifi hotspot in my house. House is not big so a mid range router will work.
I was trying to find myself a good router around 2K, but Flipkart is of no help. My preference of brand doesn't include TP-Link since there is no service center in Delhi and to RMA TP-Link product I need to courier it to Mumbai, which I believe is a hassle. (Have a product, that I am unable to RMA).
TL;DR:
I need a good (non TP-Link) router with 3G dongle support (Huawei E1731) to create Wifi hotspot for a small house that can bear the load of running 24x7 in Indian summers.
Thanks in advance!

Still in need of some help.
I am getting recommendations of this: TP-Link MR 3220/3420. But I am in need to find some more good routers of other brand.
Please help guys.

why not TP-Link,
do you want to try your luck with other brands, which are not widely used for 24x7 USB based modems or you want to look different.
MR3420 v1 works fine since last 2+ years, and I haven't turned it off except when inverter failed on very long power failures.
I remember initially had one issue with RIM CDMA and dropped a casual mail and next morning someone called me from TP-LINK and solved the
issue, so I am never going to buy another brand with such a great product and support experience.
V1 even has DD-WRT (open source firmware for router)

ghpk said:
Since from my first post, this:
My preference of brand doesn't include TP-Link since there is no service center in Delhi and to RMA TP-Link product I need to courier it to Mumbai, which I believe is a hassle. (Have a product, that I am unable to RMA).
Anyway, I will try to find RT-N10U B locally. If I am unable to find that, I will have no choice but to find TP Link MR 3220/3420.
If I am unable to find the TP Link model, then I will buy RT-N10U B from ebay.
So that is my plan.

Back