Netflix is now rolling out on Reliance Jio Fiber

• Thread starter Thread starter GR2
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 246
  • Views Views 28,555
But you're getting double the speed too. 150 to 300 Mbps. Why are we forgetting that ? Netflix is an added bonus. I would say all OTTs are added bonuses, whether Airtel or Jio.
I don't want to get all nitty gritty but here's my two cents. The 999 plan which has 11 OTT seems more valuable considering the price.
NF is added = Yes.
Your getting high speed when you pay more = Yes.
But this is not a 1+1 = 4 situation,
1499 plan can be looked at this way -> It's basically the 999 plan + NF mobileplus plan of 350 + additional 150 (for extra 150 Mbps speed) = 1499/-
We are paying more for more.
EDIT - Is there any value here. YES and No depending on who you ask but barring the subjective view of the content provided, 1499/- plan doesn't seem a better value pack.
EDIT2 - Factoring in all the OTT apps and fiber for 1499 seems a decent deal. Would have been nice if we got the NF 650 plan. : P

Last edited:
I think what he means is that you would have paid INR 800 in any case to get a standalone NetFlix subscription. Under the Jio Pack, you get NetFlix along with a speed boost. So it's much better than the plain Net Flix subscription.

I don't want to get all nitty gritty but here's my two cents. The 999 plan which has 11 OTT seems more valuable considering the price.
NF is added = Yes.
1499 plan can be looked at this way -> It's basically the 999 plan + NF mobileplus plan of 350 + additional 150 (for extra 150 Mbps speed) = 1499/-
Wait. Don't you get a NetFlix INR 500 plan with INR1499. Correct me if I'm wrong.

@bigman91 Don't think so. Check it again. It says INR150 to upgrade to Standard (externally priced at INR 650) and INR 300 to UHD (externally priced at INR 800). This leads me to believe it is an INR 500 plan.

@Arc - Basic plan is "included in Jio package" which refers to 1499 plan which includes NF 350 plan (correct me if I'm wrong). Your paying 1499 + 150 + tax for Standard NF plan. Same goes for UHD plan.

Last edited:
A abit OT but what is the difference between Prime and Netflix seeing big price difference? Do both have same amount of old content(films, TV shows) and difference is only in new/original content? Or you have to get separate subscription to access old stuff from different production houses (though I guess Jio gives to all major ones and other providers may follow). Also can you access all content from other countries in Prime/Netflix?
I've never tried any streaming service till now and don't want to avail trial rn

@r19 - Amazon Prime has intl content but caters more to the regional audience backed by more number of films/tv of diff languages. Netflix has regional but its sheer amount of intl content is unmatched which includes originals as well. Region restricted content on NF can be accessed via VPN but I've never tried it. The diff price schemes in NF plans is only in streaming quality and no of devices that can be watched at a time and NOT content.

Reactions: r19
NF is added = Yes.
EDIT - Is there any value here. YES and No depending on who you ask but barring the subjective view of the content provided, 1499/- plan doesn't seem a better value pack.
EDIT2 - Factoring in all the OTT apps and fiber for 1499 seems a decent deal. Would have been nice if we got the NF 650 plan. : P
We can make all sorts of possible permutations and combinations based on what we feel is right.
Why are you picking only 150 INR for 150 Mbps speed bump ? The next plan i.e. from 300 to 500 is 1000 INR costlier.
Humouring you, the 200 Mbps speed bump is costing 1000 INR. So every 1 Mbps bump is around 5 INR. Thus for 150 Mbps bump from 999 to 1499 plan, the increase should be 750, but Jio is charging you 500 only. Plus you are getting Netflix for free ! :P
As I said, we can make our own permutations to suit what we want to say. Doesn't make it correct.
And going by the pic, the basic plan i.e. 500 INR plan looks to be included, not mobile only plan. It literally has the same features as Netlfix basic plan i.e.1 screen etc. Mobile only plan is called exactly that - mobile only plan.

Back