Netflix is now rolling out on Reliance Jio Fiber

• Thread starter Thread starter GR2
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 246
  • Views Views 28,555
@Arc - Basic plan is "included in Jio package" which refers to 1499 plan which includes NF 350 plan (correct me if I'm wrong). Your paying 1499 + 150 + tax for Standard NF plan. Same goes for UHD plan.
@bigman91
I don't understand where you're getting INR 350 figure from.
This mentions that the Basic Plan is at INR 500 and not INR 350.

The only price difference you can say is on account of GST. i.e. You'll be paying INR 90 more on account of an increased GST. To sum it up, I'll present two options.

Option 1: Buy separate Netflix plan and Jio INR 999 plan

Amount paid to Jio: 999+ GST@18%: INR 1180
Amount paid to Netflix: INR 499
Total Amount under Option 1: INR 1679

Option 2: Buy Jio INR 1499 plan
Amount paid to Jio: 1499+ GST@18%: INR 1768

Thus under Option 2 you are effective paying INR90 extra, but at the same time, you're also getting almost double the internet speed. Obviously, it's going to be a different question if there's any tangible benefit in getting that extra speed, since I don't think the difference will be noticeable for anyone apart from a power user.

We can make all sorts of possible permutations and combinations based on what we feel is right.
Why are you picking only 150 INR for 150 Mbps speed bump ? The next plan i.e. from 300 to 500 is 1000 INR costlier.
Humouring you, the 200 Mbps speed bump is costing 1000 INR. So every 1 Mbps bump is around 5 INR. Thus for 150 Mbps bump from 999 to 1499 plan, the increase should be 750, but Jio is charging you 500 only. Plus you are getting Netflix for free ! :p
As I said, we can make our own permutations to suit what we want to say. Doesn't make it correct.
And going by the pic, the basic plan i.e. 500 INR plan looks to be included, not mobile only plan. It literally has the same features as Netlfix basic plan i.e.1 screen etc. Mobile only plan is called exactly that - mobile only plan.
Going by that pic basic plan doesn't have HD option.
Edit - My bad ... Didn't notice that NF individual plans i.e basic plan didn't have HD option. Was under the impression it offered HD.

Last edited:
@bigman91
I don't understand where you're getting INR 350 figure from.
This mentions that the Basic Plan is at INR 500 and not INR 350.

The only price difference you can say is on account of GST. i.e. You'll be paying INR 90 more on account of an increased GST. To sum it up, I'll present two options.

Option 1: Buy separate Netflix plan and Jio INR 999 plan

Amount paid to Jio: 999+ GST@18%: INR 1180
Amount paid to Netflix: INR 499
Total Amount under Option 1: INR 1679

Option 2: Buy Jio INR 1499 plan
Amount paid to Jio: 1499+ GST@18%: INR 1768

Thus under Option 2 you are effective paying INR90 extra, but at the same time, you're also getting almost double the internet speed. Obviously, it's going to be a different question if there's any tangible benefit in getting that extra speed, since I don't think the difference will be noticeable for anyone apart from a power user.
The basic NF plan in that pic doesn't have HD which is the same as Netflix mobile plus 350/- plan. This is the plan bundled with 1499/- if I'm not mistaken. To get HD your paying 150/- to avail netlfix standard plan. Effectively ur paying 1499+150+gst = 1,873 if u want to watch NF on HD.

I don't want to get all nitty gritty but here's my two cents. The 999 plan which has 11 OTT seems more valuable considering the price.
NF is added = Yes.
Your getting high speed when you pay more = Yes.
But this is not a 1+1 = 4 situation,
1499 plan can be looked at this way -> It's basically the 999 plan + NF mobileplus plan of 350 + additional 150 (for extra 150 Mbps speed) = 1499/-
We are paying more for more.
EDIT - Is there any value here. YES and No depending on who you ask but barring the subjective view of the content provided, 1499/- plan doesn't seem a better value pack.
EDIT2 - Factoring in all the OTT apps and fiber for 1499 seems a decent deal. Would have been nice if we got the NF 650 plan. : P
This post sums up the value of the 1499 pack. Personally, I feel it is better to get 999 pack along with a Netflix premium pack (800) shared between 4 people (which comes to 200 a month). If speed bump to 300 Mbps is needed, then only one should opt for 1499 plan, and receive Netflix SD plan as a bonus.

@Nitin Hey I see that you received a Netflix subscription and it has an option to update it as well. I had a doubt. Can you access it from any other device, or is it just limited to Jio STB? Also what if you update it by paying INR 300?
I'm currently on the Silver Plan. But I might definitely move to the Diamond Plan if they're providing the anywhere access functionality.
Would really appreciate your answer.
You can watch it on any device you want. What you are doing through myjio app is just logging in on netflix and activating the plan.

Back