Netflix is now rolling out on Reliance Jio Fiber

• Thread starter Thread starter GR2
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 246
  • Views Views 28,557
@bigman91 I noticed your error, but in spite of that, what you have said still holds true. To be honest, I think for people having a 4k TV, and a 4k STB, giving the Netflix SD plan is not so beneficial. It's as good as going in for 999 plan and taking Netflix for 500 separate. I know there is a speed bump from 150 to 300 Mbps, but for most people, I don't think that speed bump is that significant.

If you have a group of 4 trustworthy friends to share the Netflix Ultra HD plan (which allows 4 simultaneous streams), then it comes to 200 per month. Just add that on to the 999 plan, and you end up spending 1199 per month, for all of the OTT apps, along with Netflix Ultra HD.
Yes that is one way of looking at it. I just hope consumers are aware of all possibilities before choosing any of these plans.

'Depending on your jio package'.......
So it is possible that they might provide the other Netflix subscriptions along with the Diamond+, Platinum or Titanium plans. Just a thought....
If they provide UHD pan with Platinum, that's it for me then. :D

Seems unlikely as they don't even provide Hotstar Premium subscription under any plan. No one knows what can happen in the future.

@zervinb : New plan is 3499+GST, not 3999+GST (yet to be updated on app). And yeah, I am on UHD since NF launched in India. But if the whole plan is getting covered under the Platinum plan (for which the difference between Diamond+ and Platinum will be 1000 INR), then for my use 1 Gbps makes sense.

@zervinb : New plan is 3499+GST, not 3999+GST (yet to be updated on app). And yeah, I am on UHD since NF launched in India. But if the whole plan is getting covered under the Platinum plan (for which the difference between Diamond+ and Platinum will be 1000 INR), then for my use 1 Gbps makes sense.
If I'm not mistaken, platinum is 3999+gst. At least that is what is seen on the Jio website where they have shown the new plans. The FUP limit hasn't been updated on the app.

Anyways, if you have a requirement for 1 Gbps and the plan makes sense for you, do go for it. 👍🏻

Even without netflix, if someone wants 300Mbps plan with 3.3TB FUP cap, Jio is the cheapest. Airtel is 1800 but has public IPv4. I have a feeling Airtel will match Jio prices, so we can expect 3.3TB 300Mbps from airtel for ₹1500

Thw main issue for me is whether we can upgrade or apply this Jio plan credit to our existing Netflix accounts? If it requires a new subscription then it doesn't work for me as my account has a lot of personal preferences saved which takes a few months to set up. Airtel had a similar offer last year and I got 3 months of Rs500 credit on my Netflix bill as an existing subscriber.

Back