Netflix is now rolling out on Reliance Jio Fiber

• Thread starter Thread starter GR2
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 246
  • Views Views 28,560
You can do either ways. You can login via Jio Registered Mobile Number on Netflix to access the plan and contents. Or you may register with your current Netflix account on your Jio STB. Choice is all yours.

Plan name
Plan price / month
MRP (including tax) / month
Netflix plan
Diamond​
₹ 1499​
₹1768.82​
Basic
Diamond+​
₹ 2499​
₹2948.82​
Standard
Platinum​
₹ 3999​
₹4718.82​
Standard
Titanium​
₹ 8499​
₹10028.82​
Premium

Refer - Broadband Monthly Plans, Price & Latest Offers - Jio Fiber

Main picture is still unclear that either this will be applicable or the plans that were posted in the main post, unless they launch Netflix in the Jio Fiber STB.
I have posted with the legit source. We can't trust the one now that is being posted here in the 2nd post.

Last edited:
@icecool20 I would say it's free 500 bucks worth of NF, the most expensive OTT in the country. A simple 150 more gets you HD, 300 more UHD. Honestly, I am happy with these. There's no way a plan will satisfy everyone, but then these are just additional bonuses. Enjoy them while they last.

Honestly for streaming, I would just get the 399 plan and then subscribe to Netflix, Amazon, Hotstar, Zee5 and Voot separately. Those are important ones anyway. 30 mbps speed will suffice to stream. I am sure, this way it would be still lesser than 1499.

"30 mbps suffice to stream" is the new " "640K ought to be enough for anybody." :D

Seriously though, if you have multiple sources streaming simultaneously, 30 mbps will be a shit show. That's one of the reasons I moved from Airtel's 40 mbps to Jio.

Now if you are single, different matter altogether.

Really? I am able to stream these platforms perfectly fine on a 3mbps speed. Of course, alone. Would 30 mbps really give me that much of a hard time with 2 or 3 more people? idk

Yup. Netflix claims 25mbps is enough for uhd. And their compression tech is very variable. Avengers might come close to this. Cartoons would probably consume a fraction of this. 30mbps is not optimal but no one is going to suffer dialup performance due to streaming at the same time.

Netflix recommends 25 Mbps for UHD streaming. 30 Mbps should be just about alright if you're the only one streaming. If multiple streams required, then 100 Mbps plan is probably a better idea.

I depends on your individual needs. On my TV, the NF app shows 15.6 Mbps when streaming UHD HDR content. Add to it a 2nd TV, using maybe another 10 Mbps for 1080p, intermittent use of phones, tablets, sometimes simultaneous work for me and wife, downloading some heavy files and we easily max out our 500 Mbps connection.

Of course, you don't need it, but it's a nice luxury to have no bottleneck.

Those streaming cameras etc at the same time, will need higher bandwidth too.

Back