Netflix is now rolling out on Reliance Jio Fiber

• Thread starter Thread starter GR2
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 246
  • Views Views 28,561
For now. :) Perhaps the new UI will come to Firestick too eventually. :(

These apps are deliberately hiding the info. so that users cannot keep an eye on what quality is actually being delivered to them.

Exactly. I have my doubts too. Why would a streaming service hide this information? Only if it benefits them....
Problem is lack of standards in the industry. Next, they will say they have a plan for 8k videos. How to prove that?
BTW, Jio has updated the new UI for Amazon prime on their box for me too. No resolution display on Amazon Prime on JIo box.
Sad, how existing functionality is being curtailed..

This actually, is my biggest grouse with Netflix. If one, subscribes to ultra hd plan, how to know I am watching a show in ultra hd.?I have a Sony 4k 55 inch led tv and there are no settings on the tv for this. I know there are work arounds to find it out, but I ask Netflix - Why make it so difficult to get this information?
Amazon Prime displays the resolution on every video on the bottom of the screen so you know you are getting what you are paying for.
I think Netflix should look into this....
Not only the streatimg rate info is not visible, they have also reduced the quality from time to time. I can see the streaming rate on my TCL TVs and 4k is supposed to be or at least used to be 15.6 Mbps on Netflix. Now some stream at 15.6, many at 11, some at 7 odd and sometimes they stream at just 2Mbps and it is labeled 4k on the stream. Even in HD there is a lot of variance with titles streaming from 1.5 to 7.8 Mbps.

i should mention here that video compression is variable. cartoons in uhd would consume less data compared to movies. and drama scenes would consume less data compared to fast paced action scenes.

A bunch of more posts here:

This actually, is my biggest grouse with Netflix. If one, subscribes to ultra hd plan, how to know I am watching a show in ultra hd.?I have a Sony 4k 55 inch led tv and there are no settings on the tv for this. I know there are work arounds to find it out, but I ask Netflix - Why make it so difficult to get this information?
Amazon Prime displays the resolution on every video on the bottom of the screen so you know you are getting what you are paying for.
I think Netflix should look into this....
you can use something like YAMon4 to look for data consumption.

Back