Netflix is now rolling out on Reliance Jio Fiber

• Thread starter Thread starter GR2
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 246
  • Views Views 28,560
You are free to use your own Netflix ID or create a new one if you please to do so

Why is the quote option not available for the last
NF plan can be acquired if one subscribes to the 1499 plan and not 999 plan so you are paying 500 for NF plan and additional 300/- for UHD NF plan (according to this screenshot ) which totals to 800/- a month 🤷‍♂️
EDIT - It's the same as buying individual NF plan for 800 and 1499 Jio plan is basically the mobile+ NF plan 349 plan.
It is not. You need to pay GST of 18% on the 500, so it is approximately Rs. 100 more expensive.

I depends on your individual needs. On my TV, the NF app shows 15.6 Mbps when streaming UHD HDR content. Add to it a 2nd TV, using maybe another 10 Mbps for 1080p, intermittent use of phones, tablets, sometimes simultaneous work for me and wife, downloading some heavy files and we easily max out our 500 Mbps connection.

Of course, you don't need it, but it's a nice luxury to have no bottleneck.

Those streaming cameras etc at the same time, will need higher bandwidth too.
Do you have a TCL TV by any chance? Both my TCLs have this i button which shows the streaming rate in Netflix. Is there any other way to see this data?

Do you have a TCL TV by any chance? Both my TCLs have this i button which shows the streaming rate in Netflix. Is there any other way to see this data?
This actually, is my biggest grouse with Netflix. If one, subscribes to ultra hd plan, how to know I am watching a show in ultra hd.?I have a Sony 4k 55 inch led tv and there are no settings on the tv for this. I know there are work arounds to find it out, but I ask Netflix - Why make it so difficult to get this information?
Amazon Prime displays the resolution on every video on the bottom of the screen so you know you are getting what you are paying for.
I think Netflix should look into this....

Plan namePlan price / monthMRP (including tax) / monthNetflix planDiamond₹ 1499₹1768.82BasicDiamond+₹ 2499₹2948.82StandardPlatinum₹ 3999₹4718.82StandardTitanium₹ 8499₹10028.82Premium
If this is really true then why can't they do the same with Hotstar? :rolleyes:

Amazon Prime displays the resolution on every video on the bottom of the screen so you know you are getting what you are paying for.
Remember, only with old app UI which you are still having for some reason! :)

I think Netflix should look into this....
The latest version of Amazon Prime has removed the display of the resolution and HDR status of the title being played. Newer version is also very choppy with HDR videos on my smart TV. Hence I have sideloaded an older version APK.

There is an "Info" button on my smart TV remote which gives information about Netflix stream.

Back